OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
So, last night I got to see Elton John's show at Caesars. Guy is 70, so the voice can't hit the low and high notes and he can't move around like he used to, but it was an excellent selection of songs for the 2 hour show. Everything was from before '83 save Circle of Life. Two fun tidbits . . .

1. Talked about the shooting in Vegas, but instead of the gun diatribe one half expects, he talked about the American spirit, the goodness of people, etc. Very nicely said.

2. Between songs, noted when he waves to people in the crowd, he can't actually see them because of the lights, so if someone thinks he's waving at them, he's not Harvey Weinstein. :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Currently trying to work up the courage to travel to Seattle by myself a week from now.

I know Seattle is really depressing and kind of weird and what not, but you'll be fine. I personally liked Bellevue more than Seattle and the annoying hipsters before I went to the motherland of hipsters in Portland to visit family.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
So, last night I got to see Elton John's show at Caesars. Guy is 70, so the voice can't hit the low and high notes and he can't move around like he used to, but it was an excellent selection of songs for the 2 hour show. Everything was from before '83 save Circle of Life. Two fun tidbits . . .

1. Talked about the shooting in Vegas, but instead of the gun diatribe one half expects, he talked about the American spirit, the goodness of people, etc. Very nicely said.

2. Between songs, noted when he waves to people in the crowd, he can't actually see them because of the lights, so if someone thinks he's waving at them, he's not Harvey Weinstein. :laugh:

Back in the halcyon college days I worked stage crew which was hard as hell but the stories alone are worth the price of admission. I watched about an hour of Elton John and Billy Joel play together standing behind the stage and it was quite amazing.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Holy f*** I had the worst ever indigestion this morning. Woke up with it at 2:30 am and I thought I was going to die. Was practically incapacitated in bed for like 2 hours.

Thank goodness for Pepto Bismol. I thought I had like an ulcer or a burst ulcer or something.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Don't know about anyone else but finding this site so slow on Desktop compared to mobile.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
It's really making it hard to use.

I spoke to support about the ads too, basically got the response of , "Sponsorship is likely needed"

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I was pretty drunk the first time I did it but I should be in better shape tomorrow lol.
I was taking my first drink and my brother was supposed to arrive at like 7:30, it was 6:30, I am warming up the crowd, I hear their entrance music and my buddies see my eyes widen, run to the bar, grab a bottle and start pouring it down my mouth so I wasn't in panic mode.

Usually people arrive late, this idiot and my sister in law arrived 1 hour early.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Forgot to mention that I booked a holiday to Toronto/Ottawa in Late Jan early Feb.

3 days in Ottawa, 4 days in Toronto. Got tickets to the Leafs v Ducks game. Was looking at Ottawa tickets but the stadium is just so far out.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad