Big day for Phoenix as 4 big deals are announced.

Default101

Phoenix (AP) - October 15th 2007 may be a big day in this history of the HFNHL's Phoenix Coyotes' franchise; 4 trades have been announced that should really alter the view of the team's current and future stance...

Trade #1

TO PHOENIX
C - Stephane Yelle
G - David Brown
PHI-6 08

TO PHILADELPHIA
C - Sergei Fedorov
D - Karel Rachunek

GM Says: "We felt this deal would help our team, we're dropping 7 million in salary and cap space with this deal, Fedorov was going to be our top center, and rachunek our top defenceman but for our team's rebuilding process we felt it wouldnt be the best decision in the end for our franchise to keep hima round, Rachunek was great for us last year but he is long term over 2M and would like to get younger, Yelle is ranked 3rd behind only brindy and draper as one of the top defensive forwards in the league so he should be a big impact for our team, and as the season progresses we'll make further decisions on his future, as he could be a huge commodity for a contending team, and we would move him if the deal was right, Brown has been undisputedly the best goaltender in the NCAA and had a good showing at nhl camp and could really play a big impact for our team as a solid back-up and who knows what else the future could hold for him."

Trade #2

TO PHOENIX
D - Chris Campoli
RW - Stefan Ruzicka

TO SAN JOSE
D - Marc-Andre Bergeron
FW - Toby Petersen

GM Says: "I know dealing with divisional rivals is risky business, and im sure Bergeron will burn us more than once this year, but I really feel we're going to end up with the best deal in the end, Campoli is a good young defenceman that is progressing greatly at the NHL level, and hsould be a mainstay in our top 4 for years to come, and Ruzicks is considered a 2nd line scoring winger in the future which is something this team needs is top 6 forward talent, and we get another piece to that puzzle with Ruzicka."

Trade #3

TO PHOENIX
CAR-7 08

TO DALLAS
G - Jose Theodore

GM Says: "Pretty straight forward deal, we have good enough goaltending and Theodore will get a place to play i really wouldnt be concerned with resigning him and he's moved to a team that can use him, and will get a chance to play alittle and if he breaks out in the NHL would be agreat addition to Dallas."

Trade #4

TO PHOENIX
LW - Rene Bourque

TO MINNESOTA
W - Marcus Naslund

GM Says: "I think this is really one of those deals that both teams will be considered a winner. Minnesota has a good enough team to take a run at the playoffs, and has the cap room, and Naslund will be a huge piece to that puzzel there, and may supply some critical offense for them. In Phoenix we really don't need Naslund at this point, he was a great addition, and we would have been more than happy to give him top minutes in every game situation but at 7.3M for 2 years, we realized after acquiring him that we are likely to do more damage to the franchise than good with that, so i really did some searching around where i would get a player i feel would help the future of this team, and at the same time a team that could benefit largly to Naslunds skill, and i found that in Minnesota and Rene Bourque. Although he's not expected to be a superstar top line player, he certianly seems like he could be one of our top players this year, and a consistant contributor for many years wtih this team, I like his skill, he has always been a great scorer and point producer but also is very defensive responsible and i dont think there's anymore we could have asked for in this deal."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad