Injury Report: Big Buff Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Possibly but didn't TSN say he was skating and i think they said the Jets were getting updates .
Nope, they said it would be the next step in rehab but Darren Dreger just recently said he doesn't believe Buf is skating yet. So my guess we can say it is very unlikely to see him back this year.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Nope, they said it would be the next step in rehab but Darren Dreger just recently said he doesn't believe Buf is skating yet. So my guess we can say it is very unlikely to see him back this year.
:laugh:

Upperdeckjet

Dec 14, 2011
So here's something!

I've heard that Buff has been skating at the Rink Training Centre in Oak Bluff the past 3 weeks. I'm told he is looking good and doing some light edge work.

I was also told some information that drives home what Chevy said in his last interview regarding Buff. The real issue is what does Buff want to do. Does he want to come back and be that impact player. That continues to be the great unknown.

So I ask then, is anyone able to confirm or deny anything about Buff's activity at the Rink Training Centre?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
So here's something!

I've heard that Buff has been skating at the Rink Training Centre in Oak Bluff the past 3 weeks. I'm told he is looking good and doing some light edge work.

I was also told some information that drives home what Chevy said in his last interview regarding Buff. The real issue is what does Buff want to do. Does he want to come back and be that impact player. That continues to be the great unknown.

So I ask then, is anyone able to confirm or deny anything about Buff's activity at the Rink Training Centre?
How could that not be reported by any media sources? (local or national) that would be next to impossible to keep secret since its such a public place.. so I'm gonna guess its BS news... But I have no idea?

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I heard he was working out his biceps on Lake Winnipeg catching walleye...

Funny thing is, Buff is probably harder to get info off of than Chevy!

I still think back to that interview someone posted on here with Keith or Seabrook? Someone that was his room mate in Chicago and how Buff took a season off of hockey when he was around 15 years old and when he asked him why, he said it was so he could hunt and fish more!
Maybe he fished enough and/or the fishing seasons for the most part will be coming to an end soon and he wants to come back and play hockey? Nobody knows with this guy.

larmex99

Sponsor
Jul 4, 2013
How could that not be reported by any media sources? (local or national) that would be next to impossible to keep secret since its such a public place.. so I'm gonna guess its BS news... But I have no idea?
I have no inside info at all but it isn’t hard to imagine that they let Buff work out early or late in the day when there is nobody around. I hope that it is true because he could be a game changer.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Jets are slipping out of contention, Buff in all probability hasn't started skating and if he doesn't get on the ice by mid February I don't think you see him back this year or ever.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Brian Burke talked about Buff today and said he is skating. Certainly not first hand information that he's working off of, but it's something.
See that's what i'm talking about , Burke who's in Toronto has info on Buff skating but not one reporter from Winnipeg can go and find out where and use their phone and take a picture or video ? That's a joke to me because that would be the story of the day in Winnipeg . Maybe Hustler from 1290 could do this , no he's watching his favorite team at the Superbowl . Maybe Kevin O , nope he's on holidays , maybe Troy Westwood , nope he's on holidays too . :help:

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
See that's what i'm talking about , Burke who's in Toronto has info on Buff skating but not one reporter from Winnipeg can go and find out where and use their phone and take a picture or video ? That's a joke to me because that would be the story of the day in Winnipeg . Maybe Hustler from 1290 could do this , no he's watching his favorite team at the Superbowl . Maybe Kevin O , nope he's on holidays , maybe Troy Westwood , nope he's on holidays too . :help:

or maybe Burke is wrong...and the guys who might actually dig and find some info aren't the voices on 1290 for goodness sake. If anyone would it would be one of the guys from the local fish wraps...

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
So here's something!

I asked one of my 'people' and they haven't heard anything (not that that makes this not true)

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
or maybe Burke is wrong...and the guys who might actually dig and find some info aren't the voices on 1290 for goodness sake. If anyone would it would be one of the guys from the local fish wraps...
Your right those reporters could too , to me the guys on 1290 must have some contacts that may of heard something .

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
And yet Dreger from TSN said he doesn't believe Buf is skating. So unless someone can honestly say they saw him actually skate, it's all just rumours.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I heard he was working out his biceps on Lake Winnipeg catching walleye...

Funny thing is, Buff is probably harder to get info off of than Chevy!

I still think back to that interview someone posted on here with Keith or Seabrook? Someone that was his room mate in Chicago and how Buff took a season off of hockey when he was around 15 years old and when he asked him why, he said it was so he could hunt and fish more!
Maybe he fished enough and/or the fishing seasons for the most part will be coming to an end soon and he wants to come back and play hockey? Nobody knows with this guy.
Actually Buf himself said he got cut from a team back in High school and he said he was okay with it because it gave him time to hunt and fish instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad