Blue Jays Discussion: Beyond the Braves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Maile's also one of the better pitch framers and receivers.

Best comment of the day goes to the fan in the 500's, when Maile stepped up to the plate for his 3rd AB, and he shouted out randomly "Use the force Luke!!"

My buddy and I got a good laugh out of the randomness

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I heard after the game that the Blue Jays hit .000 for the series with runners in scoring position. Managing a series split under those circumstances is tremendous.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
In all fairness to the Maile trash post, those first two throws to second made prime JP Arencibia look like Pudge Rodriguez back there.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Im all for laying into Maile's offense but this isnt the time...

Over the last 7 days he has a wRC+ of 149. Not sustainable in any fashion be he was big for us all season and even moreso the last two series.

This season he leads the team in DEF rating with 2.5 (20th in the league among catchers and the guys infront of him all have at least 50 more innings played)... 2nd in defensive runs saved (12th in the league among all catchers).

His wRC+ from April 28 to May 16 was -64. Since then it has been 62... again nothing great or even good but from your backup catcher coupled with defense im not complaining considering what we had last season and what other backup catchers have done.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Hoffman had a nasty start. Now has 2 walks and 26 Ks over 20.2 innings with a 2.61/2.70/3.00 pitching slash. Would be nice if Tulo could start hitting balls out of the infield.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
Hoffman had a nasty start. Now has 2 walks and 26 Ks over 20.2 innings with a 2.61/2.70/3.00 pitching slash. Would be nice if Tulo could start hitting balls out of the infield.

That trade would sting a lot less if it wasn't made out of necessity in cleaning up the mess created by a previous trade.

Also; another glimpse into why limiting yourself to stat scouting is silly.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

can we please not make Hoffman the new Noah.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
I heard after the game that the Blue Jays hit .000 for the series with runners in scoring position. Managing a series split under those circumstances is tremendous.

0 for 24 including today if I remember correctly. It's quite impressive that we even got one of these games

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
I don't really follow the prospect stuff much but I say we draft Dylan Busby as he is just destroying Auburn right now :(

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

travis said he was experiencing significant pain in his hand at the time and that he feared the worst.

“i thought i broke it. It was really scary,” travis said, his hand covered in a thick, white wrap. “my hand was throbbing so bad. I couldn’t really open or close it.”

travis received thorough treatment on the hand after the x-rays and will continue to be evaluated. Whether or not he can play monday night when toronto opens a three-game series in oakland will depend on how much residual pain travis experiences and how effectively the blue jays are able to decrease his swelling.

losing travis for an extended period of time would be a significant blow to the blue jays and demoralizing for the 26-year-old who has been one of the team’s hottest hitters over the last several weeks. After suffering through a deep slump early this season, travis put up a torrential may, batting .364/.373/.646 over 103 plate appearances that month, with 20 extra-base hits.

After going 1-for-2 in sunday’s game, travis is now batting .259/.291/.438 on the season with an american league-best 18 doubles.

“it’s not broken—that’s great news,” travis said. “i’m hoping i wake up tomorrow feeling good. That’s my goal. But at the same time, you’ve got to be a little bit realistic.

“staying healthy is the biggest thing. It’s something that i’ve been talking about for a long time. But it’s not broken, so i can smile now.”

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
6 straight series coming up against current sub-.500 teams now, before coming back to face BAL-BOS-NYY.

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
In all fairness to the Maile trash post, those first two throws to second made prime JP Arencibia look like Pudge Rodriguez back there.

While true one of them looked like batter interference to me though. The guy swung then stepped right in his way in the middle of the plate.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Pompey left the Bisons game today with an apparent leg/knee injury.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

At this rate he'll just be injured off and on until August, we can start a 2nd rehab stint which lasts until September and we won't have to even consider using his last option year this year.

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
:rant::rant::rant::rant::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

At this rate he'll just be injured off and on until August, we can start a 2nd rehab stint which lasts until September and we won't have to even consider using his last option year this year.

Pompey is just like a piece of glass.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
Get'em Zeke!

:laugh:

Where would y'all rank our farm system?
Top 5? Top 10?

Also, what's everyone's list for our top 10 prospects?

With likely three top thirty prospects in baseball at the end of the year, and perhaps upwards of ~6 in the top 100 at seasons end, I imagine they will be ranked top-10. Somewhere between 4-8.

As of now, its (1) Vlad Jr. (2) Bo (3) Alford (4) SRF (5) Jansen (6) Lourdes (7) Rowdy (8) Urena (9) Zeuch (10) Greene / Maese (HM) Max Power \ Bradley Bones Jones

one77

Dec 22, 2013
Where would y'all rank our farm system?
Top 5? Top 10?

Also, what's everyone's list for our top 10 prospects?
IMO top 5 easy, just because of Vlad and Bichette. They are doing things you don't see often at their age. I'm talking about numbers that guys like Trout and Harper were doing.

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Wonder if they put Martin on the DL - kinda scary cuz that would mean Salty would get a call-up

Or Ohlman or Raffy Lopez. They don't have a catcher on the 40-man, so they could basically pick whichever one they want if they have to make room for someone anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad