Bettman: Senators aren't for sale

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Thanks.

Was pretty sure you know that. Just wanted clarification.

A case could be made that by not changing them, they effectively did pick the name. But that totally isn't your point. Also kinda ruins your joke.

You gonna come over here and contribute anything or just....

Anyway more bad news im so used to it now I dont even know if I would react to good news at this point. I dont remember what that feels like.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
You gonna come over here and contribute anything or just....

Anyway more bad news im so used to it now I dont even know if I would react to good news at this point. I dont remember what that feels like.
Now just imagine 2 decades of it.

Anyway, I can totally empithize. Ballard did have a bit of a kooky charm to him that at times was entertaining. At least, as a kid growing up through my mid 20's it seemed he did. Melnyk doesn't appear to have that.
Plus the Jays ownership is a joke too.

Either way, it's such a helpless feeling. I can totally relate.

Anyway, hang in there. We the Battle of Ontario to become what it used to be.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
800px_COLOURBOX10795830.jpg

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
They, too, were transplanted teams that didn't bother renaming when they moved. Jazz were in NO and Lakers were in Minneapolis where the respective names made more sense. It's the same concept as these hypothesized Houston Senators. That's all I'm getting at.

Not a direct comment on the Sens moving, which anyone debating in good faith agrees will not happen. Just the "not changing names" concept.

Yeah, I was being facetious more than anything. I know the Jazz & Lakers history.

If we want to make a comprehensive list of these remnant names from old relocated teams though...

- Calgary Flames (nee Atlanta)
- Indianapolis Colts (nee Baltimore)
- Oakland Raiders (nee Oakland, via LA)
- LA Rams (via St Louis, LA & Cleveland)
- Phoenix Cardinals (St Louis)
- Oakland Athletics (nee Philadelphia, via Kansas City)
- LA Dodgers (Brooklyn)
- Atlanta Braves (Boston via Milwaukee)
- Golden State Warriors (Philly)
- Houston Rockets (San Diego)
- LA Clippers (San Diego... again)
-
Memphis Grizzlies (Vancouver)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Anyway, I can totally empithize. Ballard did have a bit of a kooky charm to him that at times was entertaining. At least, as a kid growing up through my mid 20's it seemed he did. Melnyk doesn't appear to have that.

Gord Stellick and John Brophy were beauties

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

The Battle seemed pretty good when the Senators were slaughtering the Leafs this year...just saying :)

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Leafs should buy Ottawa, trade Kadri and have Ottawa sign Jack Gardiner so when they need players, they just trade them from Ottawa cheap.

Win, win. Ottawa gets a max payroll from a guy from Toronto who can actually afford NHL hockey, Toronto gets to retain its players and maintain its playoff dominance

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
This whole Senators ownership debacle is bull****.
The league or the province needs to step in, right the ship, and get a fit and competent owner committed to Ottawa.

As a longtime Patriots fan, I sympathize. I clearly remember the three owners that preceded Bob Kraft and all of their buffoonery, and how in the year before Kraft bought the team, the Patriots were a fraction of a hair away from moving to St. Louis. It was a done deal. For all of his shortcomings, Kraft has made the Patriots competitive and hired the right people to keep them on the right track.

Fish rot from the head down, and the Senators need stability and competence at the top. It would be a f**king sacrilege for the capital city of Canada to be without an NHL team again, and every effort needs to be made to stabilize the Senators.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad