Better top 6, Wild, Predators, or Stars??

Better top 6, Wild, Predators, or Stars??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vakarte

May 30, 2022
Wild:

Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello
Boldy - Gaudreau - Jost

Predators:

Forsberg - Granlund - Duchene
Niederreiter - Johansen - Tolvanen

Stars:

Robertson - Hintz - Pavelski
Benn - Seguin - Gurianov​

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wild:

Boldy - Gaudreau - Jost

Predators:

Stars:

I like the Preda out of those, for depth I like Ottawa’s new top 6

Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
DeBrincat-Stützle-Giroux.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stars top 6 will most likely be:

Robertson-Hintz-Pavelski
Marchment-Seguin-Gurianov

Even if Seguin doesn't bounce back in a big way, he's still good for 2C numbers. 24-30 goals probably, 50-60 points shouldn't be out of the question if DeBoer's offense is slightly better than Bowness'.

The Preds are a good and possibly safer option in this poll barring any setbacks. 5 legit top 6 players there

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wild:

Boldy - Gaudreau - Jost

Predators:

Stars:

Where’s your vote, who are you picking.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Golden Jet :facepalm:

Kaprizov is the best player in the group, and Boldy is a young promising player, I'd take that group going forward if I had to.

Last edited:

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
This is a great poll, very close. Was going to vote Minny, but is Gaudreau really the 2C? That seems not great.

I went Dallas, but Nashville is very close.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
The Wild’s top 6 is awful
Jost is not on the second line, lol.

This is a great poll, very close. Was going to vote Minny, but is Gaudreau really the 2C? That seems not great.

I went Dallas, but Nashville is very close.
Gaudreau was decent last year, but as mentioned by @Kshahdoo, the second line last year was Greenway - JEE - Foligno.

I could see Boldy sliding up on the second line as well.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Good poll! Close candidates. Few changes in my opinion:
-I think EEK is 2C in Minny
-I think Greenway is 2RW over Jost
-I think Tomasino is 2RW over Tolvanen

That said, I'll still take the Dallas top 6. Whether it's Benn or Marchment in the top 6. But it also really depends how Seguin bounces back.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Why you bring Ottawa into a poll about the Wild, Predators, and Stars?
One thing I’ve learned on this site, a lot of people just can not plain read and give an opinion totally unrelated to the topic at hand. Is it right? No, but until humans are replaced with AI, expect off topic posts moving forward lol

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Golden Jet :facepalm:

Kaprizov is the best player in the group, and Boldy is a young promising player, I'd take that group going forward if I had to.
That’s nice, however not picking best player, best top 6.
I chose Nashville.
Wild is last in poll atm.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Jost is not on the second line, lol.

Gaudreau was decent last year, but as mentioned by @Kshahdoo, the second line last year was Greenway - JEE - Foligno.

I could see Boldy sliding up on the second line as well.

Minnesota doesn't roll their lines traditionally. Ek's line is the shutdown line, it only exists to match up against other teams top threats. It's not really a traditional second line. Greenway sees no PP time, Foligno only gets time because there are no better options. They get ice time because they're chasing the McDavid's and MacKinnon's.

Traditionally speaking, the Boldy line is our "second line". It was more apparent when Fiala was there, but from an offensive perspective, that's the go-to offensive line after Kaprizov.

This coming season, the belief is that either Jost or Rossi will play on that line with Boldy and Gaudreau. That largely depends on Rossi.

So all that is to say, the Wild should be losing this poll pretty handily, even with Kaprizov. Maybe Boldy can make it close this season, but without much support for him, I'm not holding my breath.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Give me:
Kaprizov-Hartman-Zuccarello
Boldy-Rossi-Gaudreau

1. They have the best player.
2. Least amount of cap.
3. Boldy-Rossi have a metric ton of potential.
4. Gaudreau is arguably the worst player of the groups, but he plays his defensive role well and will enable Boldy and Rossi to go all out offense.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Minnesota doesn't roll their lines traditionally. Ek's line is the shutdown line, it only exists to match up against other teams top threats. It's not really a traditional second line. Greenway sees no PP time, Foligno only gets time because there are no better options. They get ice time because they're chasing the McDavid's and MacKinnon's.

Traditionally speaking, the Boldy line is our "second line". It was more apparent when Fiala was there, but from an offensive perspective, that's the go-to offensive line after Kaprizov.

This coming season, the belief is that either Jost or Rossi will play on that line with Boldy and Gaudreau. That largely depends on Rossi.

So all that is to say, the Wild should be losing this poll pretty handily, even with Kaprizov. Maybe Boldy can make it close this season, but without much support for him, I'm not holding my breath.
I think for the purpose of a thread like this, better off listing the top 6 players (with sort of realistic lines built in), because yeah, JEE > Gaudreau, and him playing on the third line 'in name' doesn't mean he's really a third liner, if that makes sense.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think for the purpose of a thread like this, better off listing the top 6 players (with sort of realistic lines built in), because yeah, JEE > Gaudreau, and him playing on the third line 'in name' doesn't mean he's really a third liner, if that makes sense.
Even last year, with Fiala and Boldyas a combo the Greef line was generally listed as the 2nd lime.

Over the last three years GREEF has been the most effective line in the league that doesnt include patrice Bergeron.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad