Better Rookie Season: Vesey, Buchnevich, or Skjei

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Felt in the mood for a fun before-season poll, to see just how good we are at predicting things as fans. People can feel free to put up others on other topics as well.

I'm interested to know which of our 3 rookies in the opening day roster is going to have the biggest positive impact This season only. Not in terms of ceiling or growth but the biggest contribution this year.

Have fun.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Went Buch mainly because he already has chemistry with Zibs and Kreids.

Vesey seems more ready for an NHL season but he has started to really click with anyone like Buch has.

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
Going with Vesey, I just dont buy that having played in the KHL automatically makes Buch the better player. Vesey blew his face out of the water during camp, with "worse linemates" at boot.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Buchnevich will score at least 1.5x the goals Vesey does this season.

cee5b8fbe4c69932428807ed7a2a78a2.jpg

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Performed significantly better than Buch during the teams camp. In my opinion. Correlated to expectation and linesmates

If we're talking about Traverse City, then yeah you have a leg to stand on but Buch performed much better once they started playing against close to NHL/NHL competition.

It wasn't really that close either.

reaktorblue

Jul 16, 2007
In my opinion, I think Vesey plays the more physically aggressive game and the chances of becoming injured is greater with Vesey than it is with Buchnevich. For this reason, I'll give my vote to Buchnevich as you can't really be productive on the IR, should that happen.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
Went with Buch as i have the highest expectations for him. But Vesey might surprise us :)

Skjei will be more difficult to evaluate probably, as AV will be much more eager to play the anchor :laugh:

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Voted Vesey. Although I think Buch will end up being the better player eventually.

I think Buch will start out slow and really turn it on at the end when he gets more acclimated to the NA game, starts learning more English, etc.

Vesey just seems to be less raw IMO

also, Buch seems like a prime candidate for AVs completely merit-less disciplinary system. May stunt his development

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad