bettemans awesome joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
In shocking news today the people of Pittsburgh suffered a great tragedy, when a simple joke caused the deaths of thousands in steel town as Penguin hockey fans clutched at their chests and died from heart attacks simultaniously...

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I was hoping he would do something like that too, although it isn't a very professional thing to do.

I hope he cracks some jokes though, to lighten the air a little.

mafiaboss

Bettman human? He's Ferangi....you'll know what that is if you know your Star Trek.
:biglaugh:

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
SSJTOM said:
In shocking news today the people of Pittsburgh suffered a great tragedy, when a simple joke caused the deaths of thousands in steel town as Penguin hockey fans clutched at their chests and died from heart attacks simultaniously...

lol. so very very true. I'd probably be one of them.

albathegreat*

SSJTOM said:

:biglaugh:

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Tricolore#20 said:
I was hoping he would do something like that too, although it isn't a very professional thing to do.

I hope he cracks some jokes though, to lighten the air a little.

If he tries to be the days entertainment, I have a feeling it will be a LOOOOOONG afternoon. :shakehead

dedalus

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
gobolt7 said:
If he tries to be the days entertainment, I have a feeling it will be a LOOOOOONG afternoon. :shakehead
Agreed. The best thing he could say is, "It's great to be back in business! Let's get the business of this league going again ... with the first selection ..."

Brad*

Bettman's speach for tommorrow:

"Thank you, thank you all for coming to the 2005 NHL entry draft. About a year ago the players and the owners sat down to address the need of a new collective bargaining agreement. As the weeks wore on, it became increasingly apparent that this issue would not be settled quickly. As the deadline approached, I was faced with the decision of what to do with the NHL season - ultimately it had to be cancelled. Everyone was upset; the fans, the players, the owners, and my mom. One little lockout and my mom got scared. And said you’re moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air. I pulled up to the house about seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby "Yo homes, smell ya later." Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, To fill my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

Peace out! Lockout4life!"

Source: Eklund.

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
Brad said:

"Thank you, thank you all for coming to the 2005 NHL entry draft. About a year ago the players and the owners sat down to address the need of a new collective bargaining agreement. As the weeks wore on, it became increasingly apparent that this issue would not be settled quickly. As the deadline approached, I was faced with the decision of what to do with the NHL season - ultimately it had to be cancelled. Everyone was upset; the fans, the players, the owners, and my mom. One little lockout and my mom got scared. And said you’re moving with your aunte and uncle in bel-air. I pulled up to the house about seven or eight, and I yelled to the cabby "Yo homes, smell ya later." Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there, To fill my throne as the Prince of Bel Air.

:clap:

gobolt7

Sep 24, 2003
Florida.
Brad said:

:biglaugh: Nice.

nhlbruin

Feb 5, 2003
New England
Visit site
his head will be bopping about too much...all his energy will be spend doing the minimum and keeping his head straight as possible...jokes are out of the question.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Brad said:

:bow:

You sir, are a prince among men.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
I'd love to see Lemieux and Crosby set up a light jab at Mario's long-ago decision not to go up on stage with Pens management. Basically, have Sid stay in his seat for a few seconds with a stoic look on his face.

The Tang

I like gooooollllddd
Sep 19, 2002
Pittsburgh. PA
Visit site
Mr Bugg said:
I'd love to see Lemieux and Crosby set up a light jab at Mario's long-ago decision not to go up on stage with Pens management. Basically, have Sid stay in his seat for a few seconds with a stoic look on his face.
funny thing is, most people don't seem to even know about that.

PecaFan

Nov 16, 2002
Ottawa (Go 'Nucks)
rudethedude66 said:
I want betteman to start the draft by saying "we have a trade for the #1 pick"...and freak everyone out ...just to see some ppls faces

Actually, that would be rather funny. Too bad there won't be any fans present, so the effect would be lost.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
rudethedude66 said:
I want betteman to start the draft by saying "we have a trade for the #1 pick"...and freak everyone out ...just to see some ppls faces
crosby for bettman

i hear he has a mean slapper

iagreewithidiots

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
I wouldnt mind a joke except the Pens website already has declared Crosby to be the Pens pick. They are already advertising Crosby stuff going on sale.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
SSJTOM said:

What about fans of other teams who suddenly think, "My God, we traded for Crosby"...?

Rails

Mar 30, 2003
LBurg and FBurg, VA
Visit site
"Hello and welcome to the 2005 NHL Draft. I regret to say that the lockout has been postponed. We have a a few details to hammer out and wording of pick announcement to perfect. The draft will be sometime in August, bank on it, brah."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad