Best waiver pick-up in HFNHL history?

HFNHL Red Wings

Martin Gerber has the Phoenix Coyotes on a - count 'em - 9 game winning streak... :amazed:

Sure ... rub it in. He shut the Wings out 1-0 the other day :cry:

As for the best one in history, I'll put my pickup of Martin St. Louis, before he broke out, in for that crown ;)

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Well, somebody got Brian Gionta in the waiver draft my first year in the league....some new moron GM of the Devils forgot to protect him

Luck I didn't get fired for that one :dunce:

HFNHL Red Wings

Doesn't count if you then trade him away before he breaks out... ;)

That was one of the many forced waiver draft trades I had to do over the years unfortunately. He was definitely on the 'uptick' at the time and while I would have liked to have held on to him, that was back when we still had waiver drafts and I wasn't going to be able to protect him.

Shawn Horcoff was another example of a guy I had to trade, not b/c I didn't believe in him, but b/c he was avictim of the numbers game when you could only protect 12 forwards.

Prospecting was so much harder back then with the waiver draft forcing you to either protect a starting roster player or one of your up and comers.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Well, somebody got Brian Gionta in the waiver draft my first year in the league....some new moron GM of the Devils forgot to protect him
Luck I didn't get fired for that one :dunce:

Well, I at least traded him away (for what? Probably the provernial bag o'pucks...), but he exploded pretty much the next season, so I feel your pain.

That was one of the many forced waiver draft trades I had to do over the years unfortunately. He was definitely on the 'uptick' at the time and while I would have liked to have held on to him, that was back when we still had waiver drafts and I wasn't going to be able to protect him.

Shawn Horcoff was another example of a guy I had to trade, not b/c I didn't believe in him, but b/c he was avictim of the numbers game when you could only protect 12 forwards.

Prospecting was so much harder back then with the waiver draft forcing you to either protect a starting roster player or one of your up and comers.

The waiver draft was indeed a p.i.t.a., but it was also one of the more interesting days in the GM calendar, when struggling teams could remake a portion of their roster on journeymen, long-shots and gambles and hope they panned out. I miss it (probably because I never had enough veteran depth for it to be a real issue for me... ) :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad