Best True 2c in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
I don't understand your parameters..... I can't say Malkin, who is clearly a 2nd line C because he's too good? So it has to be someone that is better than every other 2nd line C, but not as good as the 30th best C in the league?

I'm gonna reject your silly rules and say Malkin. =)

Reactions: Neil Racki

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Inspired by the 3c thread, who do you consider as the best 2nd line centers in the NHL?

Players like Malkin who are 2nd liners in name only and arguably better than most 1c don't count!

Then how do we decide? I mean, Malkin is the best 2C in the nhl. What's the imaginary cut off than for talent? Couture? Thornton? Lehtera/Stastny? Johnson? Or is there a prototype you are looking for?

I mean, Bergeron would be the best #2 if you consider Krejci #1 and elite defense is a necessity from you "#2 C".

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Then how do we decide? I mean, Malkin is the best 2C in the nhl. What's the imaginary cut off than for talent? Couture? Thornton? Lehtera/Stastny? Johnson? Or is there a prototype you are looking for?

I mean, Bergeron would be the best #2 if you consider Krejci #1 and elite defense is a necessity from you "#2 C".

I think he's asking for the 31st best center in the league, regardless of where they are being used.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I don't understand your parameters..... I can't say Malkin, who is clearly a 2nd line C because he's too good? So it has to be someone that is better than every other 2nd line C, but not as good as the 30th best C in the league?

I'm gonna reject your silly rules and say Malkin. =)

So I guess the question is, who is the 31st best center in the league?

TCIH

Nov 26, 2007
Montreal
I think Bergeron is the most valuable "true 2c", even if he's not the most skilled and falls behind others in a couple of categories.

TrustyPatches*

I don't get it? Malkin plays second line minutes on the Penguins second line yet he shouldn't count because he's the best second line player?

AtlasRust

Jan 16, 2011
I don't get it? Malkin plays second line minutes on the Penguins second line yet he shouldn't count because he's the best second line player?

The answer is Malkin. There's no other real answer to the question. He plays 2C. He's a top 10 NHL player. Yes he'd be a #1 on almost any other team in the NHL, but he has been 2C for his entire career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad