Best Nordiques goalie

Discussion in 'The History of Hockey' started by Fenriz, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fenriz

Fenriz Registered User

GARAGA
    I wonder who was the best goalie in the history of the Quebec Nordiques. I haven't found any standout goal keeper.

A guy like Ron Hextall is the biggest name they had, Richared Sévigny wasn't bad, Tugnutt had an incredible game against the Bruins something like 73 saves in a 3-3 draw. Staphane Fiset was a good number one in the Nords final year. Maybe I forgot someonefrom the early 80's but damn they where poor at goalie position.

2. Bring Back Bucky

Bring Back Bucky Registered User

Hamster Trainer

Nobody's better than Dan Bouchard..

3. reckoning

reckoning Registered User

I think Mario Gosselin was their goalie when they made it to the semis in `85. Not exactly a Vezina contender, but he didn`t totally suck either.

4. Big Phil

Big Phil Registered User

Yeah they have had pretty brutal golatending. Put a good goalie in there in the 80s with Statsny and Goulet and you've got a Cup, or a final appearance at least. But I guess it would have to be Mario Gossellin like reported above. Pretty bad I guess if he's your all time best though.

5. MightyMite

MightyMite Registered User

The best they ever had was King Richard Brodeur (before he was king) while in the WHA. And they traded him for Goran Hogosta before their first year in the NHL (I just found this out while verifying if Brodeur played for the Nordiques in the NHL or just in the WHA...). Lots of what ifs spring to mind if they had kept Brodeur...

6. Malefic74

Malefic74 Registered User

Halfway between Nothing and Not Much Else
    Home Page:
    It wasn't so much a case of bad goaltending as inconsistent. Nearly every goalie they ever had was streaky. Dan Bouchard, Mario Gosselin, Ron Tugnutt, Clint Malarchuk, Stephane Fiset and Ron Hextall were all capable goaltenders and all were able to put together streaks where you couldn't put a BB past them. Unfortunately for the Nords all were also capable of streaks where they couldn't stop a beach ball.

Of them all I would say Bouchard was the best and had several memorable playoff series most notably against the Canadiens.

7. Habsfan 32

Habsfan 32 Registered User

I think Bouchard was the best with Hextall at second place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.