2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Stock Rocks

Feb 27, 2002
Billerica, Mass.
Visit site
Raimo Sillanpää said:
Well Toivonen will play in front of a home crowd in stadia in which he's played previously in SM-Liiga. But the public pressure will be on him to perform and to stand on his head. But familiar ice should help..

Toivonen imho has been very underrated, he was overshadowed, rightly so, by the Lehtonen hype but has proved that he has what it takes..

There won't be any Lehtonen hangover, Toivonen is as close as you can get to a just as good goalie.

Great to hear!!! :handclap:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Markov79fan said:
Jaroslav Halak

Slovakia goalie
watch for him to have a big impact and could surprise a lot of people in the tournament
Was great for slovakia at the U18 tournament last year.

he's been on fire so far this year , if the team in front of him play well he could surprise many observers .

I never saw him play but numbers talk , look on HF Habs page for more info .

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Mountie said:
Goepfert was good, but to say he was better than Fleury is completely ridiculous.

He was not even the second best goalie at the tournament (Medvedev), and trying to put him above Fleury is just mind-boggling.
I'm not trying to say Goepfert is a better goaltender than Fleury, but at last year's WJC I'd say he was. The kid was a god out there.

Last edited:
Fish on The Sand said:
I'm not trying to say Goepfert is a better goaltender than Fleury, but at last year's WJC I'd say he was. The kid was a god out there.

I obviously can't say with any definite certainty that Goepfert or Fleury were better because I was working during most of the games, but Goepfert did stand out to me. I recall him being bombarded with shots and standing on his head nearly every game.
Or maybe I'm just trying to shake of a possible Canadian bias and go for the Yankee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad