Best Career Projection - Stützle / Point / J Hughes / E Pettersson

Who do you think will have the "best" career, when we look back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Went with Hughes on upside but Point is the safer pick. I think EP's injuries have probably hurt his development and will continue to do so. Stutzle could be the guy but he's a Sen so nothing good would come of that 😃

Injuries haven't slowed down EP. He had 44 points in the last 35 games he played.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
I'd lean towards Hughes being the best player, but objectively speaking... when you add Point to this poll it makes it a bit unfair when he's already got two cups to his name and some great playoff runs. Can't really vote against someone with a head start like that.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Don't twist what is said

When healthy, he is a PPG+ player.
I'm not twisting anything. You claim he hasn't been impacted by injuries in terms of development. I simply know that is absurd because missing time hurts development.

I didn't say he was bad. I simply think he'd be further developed which is a pretty reasonable position.

I mean it's a career projection thread and he plays less than anyone else on the list. That's going to hurt him in comparison.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
I'm not twisting anything. You claim he hasn't been impacted by injuries in terms of development. I simply know that is absurd because missing time hurts development.

I didn't say he was bad. I simply think he'd be further developed which is a pretty reasonable position.

He did not miss time, he was playing injured. Injuries did not halt his development when he had no problem producing when healthy. This isn't difficult to comprehend.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
He did not miss time, he was playing injured. Injuries did not halt his development when he had no problem producing when healthy. This isn't difficult to comprehend.
Dude. He has 245 games in 4 seasons. He's missed a quarter of potential games. A whole seasons worth already.

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
Dude. He has 245 games in 4 seasons. He's missed a quarter of potential games. A whole seasons worth already.
Two of those were shortened seasons league wide? Pettersson has played 85% of the Canucks games over that span, and most of the missed games were in one season.

Last edited:
Reactions: Breakers

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Way to cherry pick. He played half of his career already in shortened seasons, and his rookie season was mired with a freak injury and a suspend able hit.

He will be fine.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Two of those were shortened seasons league wide? Pettersson has played 85% of the Canucks games over that span, and most of the missed games were in one season.
Way to cherry pick. He played half of his career already in shortened seasons, and his rookie season was mired with a freak injury and a suspend able hit.

He will be fine.
My bad. Bit of a covid brain fart there.

Reactions: Hammman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad