Best Career Projection - Stützle / Point / J Hughes / E Pettersson

Who do you think will have the "best" career, when we look back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Point doesn't have the top end potential of any of the other 3 and is quite a bit older, not sure why he's included.

Went with the guy who was already a PPG 1C at the age of 20 playing with far inferior linemates than Point.

Reactions: olli

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Point was the best forward of a back to back Cup winning team. Gotta go with him, even if someone like Hughes will most likely lap him in points.
Lol wut. He played with a guy named Kucherov who is the only player in the League currently that has surpassed McDavids point production in a RS. Even playing on a stacked line he can’t get a PPG and his defensive game is severely overrated.

He doesn’t drive offence at all. He’s a great passenger and a 2C ideally.

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Lol wut. He played with a guy named Kucherov who is the only player in the League currently that has surpassed McDavids point production in a RS. Even playing on a stacked line he can’t get a PPG and his defensive game is severely overrated.

He doesn’t drive offence at all. He’s a great passenger and a 2C ideally.
Point was without a doubt their best forward in 20 (it was really close in the Conn Smythe voting between him and Hedman, pretty sure Kucherov got 0 votes). In 21 it's more arguable.

Point very much drives offense, he is a lot more involved with the puck than Kucherov. If Kucherov is the brain of that line, Point is the engine.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Point was without a doubt their best forward in 20 (it was really close in the Conn Smythe voting between him and Hedman, pretty sure Kucherov got 0 votes). In 21 it's more arguable.

Point very much drives offense, he is a lot more involved with the puck than Kucherov. If Kucherov is the brain of that line, Point is the engine.
How many examples do you need where one/two good Playoff runs doesn’t mean you’re a Superstar? Have you ever played a team sport before?

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Point already has 2 Stanley Cups…something the other 3 combined are likely to never achieve.

Not exactly fair to compare him with the 3 other up and coming players.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
None of these players have been better than Brayden Point in the regular season. Lmao @ the condescending questions.
Did you read the OP? Point has a single PPG season in 6 years and Jack Hughes got it at 20. Oh yeah he didn’t need to piggy back off Kucherov to do it either

Reactions: lawrence

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Did you read the OP? Point has a single PPG season in 6 years and Jack Hughes got it at 20. Oh yeah he didn’t need to piggy back off Kucherov to do it either
Yeah and the OP says:
depends on how you weight personal achievements vs Cups, etc.

And I weight being the most important skater (my personal evaluation) of a back to back Stanley Cup winning team high. You don't have to agree.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Yeah and the OP says:

And I weight being the most important skater (my personal evaluation) of a back to back Stanley Cup winning team high. You don't have to agree.
And I personally hate when people overrate playoff performances with small sample sizes than a whole career. Hughes is a top 3 centre level potential in the league for 15 years. Point is a borderline top 20C. Congrats to Point for making the most of his opportunities on a stacked team.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Hughes and Stutzle will go head to head for a long, long time in the East. Not sure who comes out on top.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
I really liked Hughes last year. I’m hesitant to put above Point but I’m willing to bank that his play is sustainable. After Point I’d probably put EP then Stu.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
For the long term future Hughes. I take Point over almost any NHL player in the playoffs right now though.

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Stutzle won't be anywhere near the level of Hughes.
Oh. Why is that? Production-wise they look very similar through their first 2 nhl seasons with Hughes having a breakout season in what will be this year for Stutzle.

Why is Hughes that far ahead? Or ahead at all?

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
Point doesn't have the top end potential of any of the other 3 and is quite a bit older, not sure why he's included.

Went with the guy who was already a PPG 1C at the age of 20 playing with far inferior linemates than Point.
I think they chose Point as he’s had a great career so far. Some good scoring seasons and 2 cups.

You have to think it’d be hard for these guys to get close to his success level so far

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad