• Total voters

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Zadina-Larkin-Bertuzzi
Mantha-Dach-Rasmussen
Hirose-Veleno-Athanasiou or Svechnikov

"We need to get bigger and harder to play against", i think that goal is achieved with this line up.

We would have another version of Pasternak-Bergeron-Marchand-line and basically legion of doom 2.0 in our top-6. And not to mention fastest line in the NHL, as our third line. Unless we trade AA+Bowey+prospect package for Trouba. Then 3rd line would be Hirose-Veleno-Svechnikov, but thats not bad either

Size, skill, speed and gritty line up, i like it alot. Hardest working team in the NHL, absolutely pain in the ass to play against.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
Zadina-Larkin-Bertuzzi
Mantha-Dach-Rasmussen
Hirose-Veleno-Athanasiou or Svechnikov

"We need to get bigger and harder to play against", i think that goal is achieved with this line up.

We would have another version of Pasternak-Bergeron-Marchand-line and basically legion of doom 2.0 in our top-6. And not to mention fastest line in the NHL, as our third line. Unless we trade AA+Bowey+prospect package for Trouba. Then 3rd line would be Hirose-Veleno-Svechnikov, but thats not bad either

Size, skill, speed and gritty line up, i like it alot. Hardest working team in the NHL, absolutely pain in the ass to play against.

I don’t agree. While big players have their place, speed and transition is what wins games now. Look at McKinnon and the first thing that jumps out at you is he speed across the ice end to end....that’s a huge part of his domination.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
I don't know if I can say it for every wings fan , but this order is
1.Turcotte
2. Dach
3. Krebs
4. Cozens.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Well I get the overall premise, but those people who are very high on Turcotte should also be very high on Krebs by default. If you are looking for a strong skating, high effort, accountable player with skill, Krebs fits that mold. I think Turcotte's game is very north-south when it comes to generating offense, and Krebs may be a little more finesse, but that's just the sense I get in my viewings. The only area I can really concede to Turcotte at this point would be his goal scoring (specifically his shot) seems to be more advanced.

Edit: And I think that's why I view Larkin as a better comparison for Turcotte. Larkin does a good job at taking the obvious play in front of him and making the most out of it. I don't think I would characterize Krebs as a player to take the obvious play in front of him, but he's certainly not as much of a wild card as Zegras. Somewhere in between.

My support for Krebs is well documented on this board and pre-dates the U18 mania. I agree though that from a stylistic perspective, he and Turcotte are cut from the same cloth in a lot of ways and are good draft-day alternatives to one another if their style fits your preference. Turcotte is far more creative with the puck than Larkin was at the same age. In transition he and Larkin show some similar problem solving tendencies. Inside the offensive zone, however, they don't have too, too much in common. North-south comes off as a bit too cliche for my liking. I would also agree that Krebs probably defers to distributing the puck a hair more than Turcotte. At this stage, however, Turcotte's athleticism and strength make him a bit more effective player both with and without the puck. Again, we are talking about very, very small differences at the end of the day. I am very partial to strong-skating, competitive high-motor players. When the going get tough, and the rink gets small, they consistently outperform expectations. This year is tricky though because I can also see the case for Dach and Zegras and the dimension that they would bring to the organization.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
My support for Krebs is well documented on this board and pre-dates the U18 mania. I agree though that from a stylistic perspective, he and Turcotte are cut from the same cloth in a lot of ways and are good draft-day alternatives to one another if their style fits your preference. Turcotte is far more creative with the puck than Larkin was at the same age. In transition he and Larkin show some similar problem solving tendencies. Inside the offensive zone, however, they don't have too, too much in common. North-south comes off as a bit too cliche for my liking. I would also agree that Krebs probably defers to distributing the puck a hair more than Turcotte. At this stage, however, Turcotte's athleticism and strength make him a bit more effective player both with and without the puck. Again, we are talking about very, very small differences at the end of the day. I am very partial to strong-skating, competitive high-motor players. When the going get tough, and the rink gets small, they consistently outperform expectations. This year is tricky though because I can also see the case for Dach and Zegras and the dimension that they would bring to the organization.

And that's a very good point. Stevie Y and heads will need to decide the direction they want this team to go. Do they want high motor revving 60 minutes, or do they want to add size and someone who can slow the game down that likes to pace the game like Datsyuk did?

I'm leaning towards adding the Getzlaf type guy since we already have Larkin. But it will be interesting to see what way SFY goes. Unless they opt for Byram who I think will be available at 6.

Reactions: lilidk

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
This order could change if you're married to the idea of each player playing center, but for me:

Zegras

Turcotte

Cozens

Krebs

Dach

Although it's pretty damn close, and there are arguments to be made for each guy. If you bring in other positions, I think I'd have Byram first, Boldy around Cozens and Dach, and Caufield just behind. That'd round out my top 10, behind Hughes and Kakko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad