Music: Best album of 2024

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009
A little late ! But what is everyone looking forward to this year ?

New vampire weekend? Perhaps a surprise war on drugs album? That’s more wishful thinking on my part.

Reactions: plank

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
I don't see anything on the list of albums for the year that I'm especially excited about, but I'm sure something will come out and I'll end up finding out about it way after it comes out and most likely in January 2025.

Reactions: plank

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Last year was fairly mediocre for indie/alt rock and I doubt this one's better as the genre continues to get more niche. But I think the album of the year will be this one from Bill Ryder-Jones for which has already been released unless the Yard Act album ends up being really good.

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009

Great song - brings old memories to the surface and leaves me feeling nostalgic . Fav song of the year so far.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Between Waxahatchee, Torres, and Last Dinner Party, we’ve had some strong stuff to start the year here.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
I decided to try becoming an indiemusicman this year and give 30 seconds to new albums after friday releases (indieheads subreddit has nice thread for this)

My favorite album so far is Halfsies by Lizzie No which is now my favorite folk album that's not like 50 years old. I like nearly every song on the album.

Nothing else so far has been above 7/10 level though I did find this band the Paranoid Style who have a fun style

Thucydides

Dec 24, 2009

New Faye Webster album out tomorrow, too. This year has a lot of great bands releasing new music .

Mdou Moctar also announced a new album. They released my favorite album there three years back. New single didn’t hit as good as their others but looking forward to it .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad