PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
The criteria for C should be
1: on FOs, wins in the dot
2. defensively - neutral, as long as Ws preferably are not off handed
3 offense - doesn't matter

Given read is righty, and on defense [vs boards, etc.] should be RW, not LW, that leaves Goodrow who shoots L and Zib who shoots R. So since Good needs to be stapled to bread's ass going into POs making this definite which 3 = the line, then yes, I forgot Panarin shoots right, so he goes RW = Good at LW and Zib at C except as to FOs, where whoever is best should do it. Best can be overall, but should vary if there are difs w/each lines up vs.

Good is not trash

Blais showed more pre slewfoot injury. I prefer he generally get mo mins to see if he rounds anywhere closer to that form, which = upgrade over Vesey.

Harpur IS bigger, stronger, version of Lindgren, who is faster, smarter. Harpur on paper meshes well with Fox, but we need to give youth (Robertson, potentially Broberg) some mins also as situation allows to accelerate their development.
REALITY CHECK
stop avoiding hard choices.
While not as bad as Girardi under Tort's block everything abuse, Lindy is taking a beating w/super hard play all the time. That is great until the body breaks down.
More immediately relevant, we need to move guys to have enuf cap to extend KAM and Chytil, obviously, and need a bit more for others/general needs.
Lindgren should be sold high b'c we need his 3m hit + what pick(s)/+ assets = zero or min elc cap return which is huge toward that.
Admit to reality, until Trouba/Panarin cap can largely be recovered, we are screwed cap wise next 2 seasons.
Love da guy, but Lindgren goes AND STOP BEING FOOLISH BY TRYING TO HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO BY NOT DEALING THIS GUY TIL POST SEASON WHEN THE RETURN IS WAY DOWN. STOP STOP STOP.

Robertson has played w/Schneider. Disagree on narrative he is doing poorly.
I don't expect no growing pains.
I realize faster he gets NHL experience faster we are utilizing him, his elc

It's been reported Trouba has regressed incl as to decisions
So he has to go 3rd pair
KAM prob keep there to bail Troub out
Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black talking about a reality check. Try coming down to planet earth every now and then. You don't put a 3rd or 4th liner like Goodrow on the first line especially as a center over one of your best players and established 1c. You don't trade a 1st pairing D who has been paired with your best player for years and happens to have the best value contract on the team for this year and next. You trade or buyout Goodrow and his 3.6 million per contract if you need immediate cap relief this off season. Forwards such as Othmann, Berard, and Cuylle will all be getting a look next year. The team could also explore other possibilities like moving Panarin or Trouba who both have been less than stellar. I know they have NMC's but it's not impossible. Harpur is also not a bigger and faster version of Lindgren. This is absurd. He's a 6/7 type player at best who has been adequate on sheltered 3rd pair and putting him on the 1st pair would be a recipe for disaster. Robertson has absolutely been struggling with consistency with Hartford and now is not the time to give him NHL experience during the second half of a tight playoff race. Give him the opportunity next training camp. Stop posting nonsense.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad