Prospect Info: Ben Chiarot called up (with link)

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
Did you just “First†the opening post? Also, I believe it's Chiarot rather than Chariot, although the latter would be far more interesting on ice :sarcasm:

What side D does he play? Am I right in assuming he's being brought up to fill in for Postma / Redmond / Trouba?

...Pardy is still intact, right? good thing we have all that D depth :laugh:

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
Is this his first time up with the Jets?

Google found me this and a couple other images which would indicate that he was up here at least once to play the Preds in 2011... but there's no entry for it in his stats on NHL.com or hockeydb? Dunno, it's kind of a mystery to me.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
Google found me this and a couple other images which would indicate that he was up here at least once to play the Preds in 2011... but there's no entry for it in his stats on NHL.com or hockeydb? Dunno, it's kind of a mystery to me.

probably a preseason game then. i don't think he dressed at all in the reg season since they got here.

Galbatross

Oct 29, 2013
Did you just “First†the opening post? Also, I believe it's Chiarot rather than Chariot, although the latter would be far more interesting on ice :sarcasm:

What side D does he play? Am I right in assuming he's being brought up to fill in for Postma / Redmond / Trouba?

...Pardy is still intact, right? good thing we have all that D depth :laugh:

Well it's my first post as a member.

I'm not sure that he'll play. He's left handed so I guessing he's here as the extra D-man to replace Postma. Probably sent down as soon as Trouba gets back. He might challenge Party for his spot if he keeps getting the points he's been getting in the AHL, 2 goals, 3 assists.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

:biglaugh:

This.

I am curious to see how he does if he gets a game. He is a big physical D man and he has seemingly improved a bunch year by year.

Another late round pick on D that Atlanta made. Nice to see some of these guys coming and potentially making an impact like Redmond and Postma. Maybe Chairot can follow. Well, 4th round ain't too late, but another guy that was likely not seen as a future NHLer but "could" make an impact.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
First post breaking news :) Welcome!

Chiarot is a lefty and has been battling Melchiori for big minutes the last two seasons. Last season Melchiori was heads above better although Chiarot has had a great season and not just with the points.

He's been Kichton's partner on the top pair when Pardy hasn't played for the IceCaps. The pair has seen a lot of o-zone time from my eyes and have done well offensively with it (see their points).

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
This.

I am curious to see how he does if he gets a game. He is a big physical D man and he has seemingly improved a bunch year by year.

Will be interesting to see how he does, if he gets in. Has played well in st Johns by all accounts, and has earned a call-up.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I didn't even know there was a player named link in our system. Wonder why he was called up with Chariot? Is there another injury?

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Interesting. Prior to this year Chiarot had 2 goals in 80 career games and has never had a positive +/-. This year he has had 2 goals (and 3 assists) in just 9 games and is a +6.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I didn't even know there was a player named link in our system. Wonder why he was called up with Chariot? Is there another injury?

You mean you've been missing Link all this time?

And frankly I hope Chairot does well, I can't wait to make my first "Chairot's a-fire!" joke. As long as he doesn't move like he's in slow motion, I'll give him a shot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad