B-Sens Belleville 2019-2020 Season Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Kinda crazy that with 19-12-1 record they are one loss away from dropping out of the playoff spot.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
3 stars

6727.jpg

1st
Vitaly Abramov (#11)
Belleville Senators
G: 3 | A: 1
6798.jpg

2nd
Rudolfs Balcers (#38)
Belleville Senators
G: 2 | A: 0
6821.jpg

3rd
Filip Chlapik (#14)
Belleville Senators
G: 1 | A: 2

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Batherson and Brown with one assist each and Norris with zero points.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Offensive juggernaut with pretty much only 1st and 2nd year prospects... Yeah, pool not overrated

Belleville doesn’t have much veteran talent compared to other teams, they are driven by prospects

Agreed. And good scoring prospects like Davidsson and Chlapik are not really getting offensive exposure. We have depth to burn. Need one or two elite to become a perennial contender, IMO.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Gotta get these guys NHL games. Don't wanna have like 6 rookie forwards all at once. Smash DJ over the head until he gets it.

No. Let them have success in Belleville, let Ottawa play out the season and lose as many games as they may. I am not in favour of "tanking", but I also do not believe that it is necessary to purposely improve the team in a season where we have no chance of making a deep run. If these young guys continue to have a tremendous year in the AHL, it will only be better for us when they are all pushing for spots at next year's training camp.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
No. Let them have success in Belleville, let Ottawa play out the season and lose as many games as they may. I am not in favour of "tanking", but I also do not believe that it is necessary to purposely improve the team in a season where we have no chance of making a deep run. If these young guys continue to have a tremendous year in the AHL, it will only be better for us when they are all pushing for spots at next year's training camp.

100%

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
I just got my ass kicked... I have a bloody mouth minus a few teeth. And I like it. Gotta find a woman. Oh, by the way, go Balcers. Two goals are nice.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

You need 1 or 2 guys at a time getting comfortable in the NHL while they can be sheltered. Once they can take on a bigger role you bring in the next group and try and keep that cycle going in steps. If you expect Balcers, Batherson, Brown, Abramov and whoever else to step in at the start of next season, replace Ennis, Namestnikov and Pageau for example, you are setting them up for failure. Last thing you want to do is throw these kids to the wolves.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
No. If you have them "pushing for spots" next year, that implies that we'll have to sign a bunch of filler again to artificially push guys like Balcers and Batherson down the depth chart when in reality they'll be getting spots from day 1. None of Balcers, Batherson and Brown should see any AHL action next year or you'll be stunting their growth as pros.

Itll be the next wave of guys who should be "pushing for spots" like possibly a (2?) 2020 top 5 pick, Formenton, Norris, Abramov etc. you don't want essentially 6 or 7 of those guys all playing out their rookie year at the same time. Easier to ease a few guys into the NHL this year so they're prepared for next year's full time NHL gig.

Helps the team now, helps the young players now and helps Dorion to not have to sign slugs like Hainsey or Anisimov. Can actually add guys from outside the organization who can be useful and not just all purpose cannon fodder.

Most of the roster is RFA or UFA in the offseason, there will be huge turnover and they need to know who out of the Belleville forwards will be ready to be 82 game NHLers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad