GDT: Believe: in the Canes. Pass it on. Carolina @ Pittsburgh

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Although outshooting Pitt greatly team has taken the night off physically.

Can’t blame pyotr on second goal. Drury lost the face off and Pesce played don’t hurt me puck. First goal I thought pyotr was too deep.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Although outshooting Pitt greatly team has taken the night off physically.

Can’t blame pyotr on second goal. Drury lost the face off and Pesce played don’t hurt me puck. First goal I thought pyotr was too deep.
Pesce put himself into position before the shot came. He went sideways to block it if it comes his way and not be in motion which is what usually messes the goalie up. Which makes sense when you have time. If he’s squared up he’s more likely to screen the goalie. Sometimes it’s just bad luck.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Pesce put himself into position before the shot came. He went sideways to block it if it comes his way and not be in motion which is what usually messes the goalie up. Which makes sense when you have time. If he’s squared up he’s more likely to screen the goalie. Sometimes it’s just bad luck.
I get it but it seems to me he half assed it and voila a goal against

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
And it does suck for PK, because he really isn't to blame for either goal.

The first had a massive screen, and the the second changed direction off Pesce's skate.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I get it but it seems to me he half assed it and voila a goal against
Well it’s essentially a close point shot on a perfectly executed play and Pesce is too far away to actually lay down and block it. It’s not his play. He’s just standing between the goalie and the shooter. If he moves around he’s just going to make it worse, and he can’t see behind him to even see where he needs to be. He goes sideways so he doesn’t have limbs in the way of the shot that the puck will deflect off him. Ironic that it did.

The guy on the wall let Rust go and the guy on the inside above Pesce let himself get picked and didn’t do anything to force the shot. That play worked way better than it should’ve. Pesce was in no mans land and at the same time exactly where he was supposed to be.

That was an uncontested face off win for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: