Seravalli: Belief is Lindholm won’t re-sign with Calgary

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ive given you multiple sources of statistical proof.

Im still not sure what Lindholm has to do with what we were talking about though
You can say that, but you haven't at all. You provided a JFresh card and then some team statistics that can be easily influence by things like linemates, usage, etc. When you get down to the individual statistics, you don't have an argument.

We are talking about how the data you used in a prior argument now says that your player essentially sucks and now you are just disregarding it as it is not "perfect."

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Honestly if Lindholm and Backlund sign I think we could be pretty decent. Coronato, Duehr and Pelletier could add a little up front. Kylington can hopefully come back and cover for the loss of Hanifin.

Get Buffalo's first and a prospect for Hanifin, a late first for Toffoli and we should have 3 pretty nice pieces to add to the 18-20 group that I think is the area of biggest need organizationally.

I think we could be a low-key good team that could make some noise for the next 3-4 years if Huberdeau and Kadri can bounce back. Like you said we are going to be in tough after but that might be the best thing at that point.

If we lose Backlund and Lindholm though we are screwed.... All the upcoming UFAs must go by the trade deadline.
That sounds like a perfect recipe to be in no man lands for the next decade.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
Would the Flamed be able to a pick from #5 to #10, using Lindholm as the main piece?

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Honestly if Lindholm and Backlund sign I think we could be pretty decent. Coronato, Duehr and Pelletier could add a little up front. Kylington can hopefully come back and cover for the loss of Hanifin.

Get Buffalo's first and a prospect for Hanifin, a late first for Toffoli and we should have 3 pretty nice pieces to add to the 18-20 group that I think is the area of biggest need organizationally.

I think we could be a low-key good team that could make some noise for the next 3-4 years if Huberdeau and Kadri can bounce back. Like you said we are going to be in tough after but that might be the best thing at that point.

If we lose Backlund and are screwed.... All the upcoming UFAs must go by the trade deadline.

If we lose Backlund and Lindholm though we are screwed.... All the upcoming UFAs must go by the trade deadline.
You do realize that Kadri is 32 and this was the 3rd highest production year of his career....right?

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020
It will be nearly impossible to replace a RHC like Lindholm; a bit of a unicorn unless they can get Dach ++.

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013

But why would that ever be our goal? That’s literally worst case scenario for any team. Pretty decent, ok prospect pool, led by overpaid vets. Not to mention that we missed the playoffs last year while Toffoli was our leading scorer and Hanifin our top-pair LD. Sure Coronato and Pelletier could add a bit and Kylington cou mostly replace Hanifin, but we’d stilll be a borderline playoff team at best.

I just don’t get why we’d wanna sell a few guys and then keep other veterans just to be decent for a few years and prolong the inevitable. We’ve been given a chance for a large-scale retool, we know we’re a mediocre team, we still have 4 pieces with significant value. This is an absolute blessing in disguise. Half-assing this to stay ‘pretty decent’ would be the best way to mess it all up.

If this were the NBA and 3 starters told the team they weren’t gonna re-sign we’d already have traded them all for a total of 5/6 firsts, all the drama would be last weeks news, and the narrative would shift to how we’re set on building for the future and have tons of assets to work with. We need to follow through on this once-in-a-decade opportunity to retool and dangle our still very valuable assets.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
My opinion is GM Conroy is hoping to put the pressure back on Lindholm’s camp by not pressing for a date (answer) and hoping the market dries up so Lindholm worries about getting term/price somewhere else.

Seems logical.

capfit9

Oct 29, 2009
My opinion is GM Conroy is hoping to put the pressure back on Lindholm’s camp by not pressing for a date (answer) and hoping the market dries up so Lindholm worries about getting term/price somewhere else.

Seems logical.

there's a GM in Toronto who would be willing

• Haha
Reactions: Rockmorton

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Seems logical.

He’ll get paid.

His new contract won’t kick in for another year

8x8.5M is a given with Lindholm

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bruins should be all over this. They're probably gonna clear up an additional 9-10M for nearly 20m in cap space room. Maybe even up to 25m if they trade Ullmark.

bruins don't have a #1C or #2C IMO I can see why Boston would be interested in this.

They will at least get a #2C; and they can worry about 1C. Flames may want a center back though plus some asset(s)

He’ll get paid.

His new contract won’t kick in for another year

8x8.5M is a given with Lindholm

Given the contract situation around the league the team that may be able to afford that is probably Flames themselves.

Others would have to clear cap if they desire Lindholm that much

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Lol the guy is a 2c when not sandwiched by two 100 point wingers
It depends what you mean by a 2C. If you mean he isn't a top 30 center you're way out to lunch. If you mean he's not an elite 1C you're correct. He's somewhere in that 15 to 20 range. He's a very complete player and downright dominant in the faceoff department and as PKer.

Reactions: CDJ and viper0220

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It depends what you mean by a 2C. If you mean he isn't a top 30 center you're way out to lunch. If you mean he's not an elite 1C you're correct. He's somewhere in that 15 to 20 range. He's a very complete player and downright dominant in the faceoff department and as PKer.
He isn’t. He is a 60 point center with poor defensive metrics. He is a 2c.

Any team that pays him 8.5 per for 8 will regret it.

• Haha
Reactions: tmurfin

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
He isn’t. He is a 60 point center with poor defensive metrics. He is a 2c.

Any team that pays him 8.5 per for 8 will regret it.
A bit bitter he didn't take Carolinas low ball offer eh?

He put up 42 goals and 82 points and was a +61 and finished 2nd in Selke voting 1 season ago. He finished 6th in Selke voting this year and was a + player on a bottom feeder in the best division in the league.

He's paced way above 60 points every season he's been in Calgary. Your post is really sloppy.

Reactions: CDJ and Pengu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad