Olympics: Belarus Roster Released

stug*

I hope the KHL does positive things to hockey in Belarus.
Would be great to see them reach new heights. :)

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I hope Kolosov makes it, been quite impressed with him this season with Grand Rapids. As we all know tremendous size but he's more than that. He can hit, he can pass, excellent on the PK and just makes smart plays.

he didnt make it!?!?!?!?!?

canuckhound73

Two things I am wondering

1- Anyone know why Kolosov didnt make this roster? Is he hurt? Is he ineligible for some reason? Seems like an odd one for them to miss with their limited North American pro league players. I had him as a lock on my roster. Bit shocked to see him miss out.

2- Whatever happened to Voloshenko? I know he regressed since his 1st AHL season where he was around a pt per game, but I literally couldnt find any info on where he was playing this year...if he was.

I had 15/23 & 1 on my maybe list in the roster I drew up last week.
http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/2/po...0-olympic-mens-hockey-roster-predictions.html
Considering I couldnt find ANY stats on the Belarussian league that were in English, I actually was pleased with my results.

J-D

Feb 27, 2002
the dizzle!
Visit site
LOL!!!

6 Andrei
3 Sergei
2 Alexei
2 Alexander

For line changes, it's back to the good ol`"pat-on-the-shoulder" method to tell the players it's his turn... because using surnames would be very confusing!!!

Etienne

Oct 25, 2008
Montréal
Didn´t the Kostitsyns and Grabovskij have some kind of real big issues between each other? i think the brothers didn´t even play at last WHC, reportedly because of Grabovski, eh?

Sergei required shoulder surgery that sidelined him for most of the summer and confined him to Montreal during that time. Big brother Andrei decided to stay with him. I don't know if he was healthy or not but he probably welcomed the break after that travesty of a 2nd half of the season + 1 round sweep.

As for the issues between them and Grabovski - the "I'm ready to fight him anytime, even in the streets" (grabo) and "he always hides behind the refs" (sergei ) - this most definitely was about a girl :laugh:

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
For those still worried of a Grabovski/Sergei Kostitsyn dust-up, here is a picture from the summit they held this summer:

20090724104022[3].jpg

VladNYC*

This is definitely not a bad team at all and if Mezin can give them a chance like he always does this team can def pull off an upset or two.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
I hope Salei, Kostyuchenok and Denisov are ready for mega-ice time, because the rest of that defense will be eaten alive. No Ryadinsky or Kolosov?:loony:

Very respectable group of forwards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad