Olympics: Belarus Roster Released

VladNYC*

Mezin is a great goaltender. Don't know why he never made it to the NHL. He only played 7 games in the AHL, looks like he had a few bad ones and that was it.

Tavaresmagicalplay*

Mikhail Stefanovich, the Leafs 3rd best prospect is Belarussian. Do you think he will make it in the future?

He was supposed to be a 2nd or 3rd rounder a few years ago. I don't know why he fell so far. I heard the only knock was skating.

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
So yeah, Grabovski is injured and may miss the games and both of the Kostitsyn are out with injuries (hopefully not major ones).

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
So does anyone know if A. Kostitsyn and Grabo will be out for the Olympics for sure? Or is there a chance they will be good to go?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
So does anyone know if A. Kostitsyn and Grabo will be out for the Olympics for sure? Or is there a chance they will be good to go?

Well.... here in Montreal, the word is that he's out for 6 weeks.
So...

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Hmm, I wonder if Vladimir Kopat is still playing...

Sergei Makarov

Jan 19, 2010
Saint Petersburg
pretty much, already was a 1 line team.. just needs Sergei to get injured and this team is not doomed but murdered with blood splashing to the roof.

:sarcasm:

What are you saying? I admit that Belarus 3th and 4th line are not very competitive but the top 6 is very good: Antonenko, Kolstov, Demagin, Ugarov, Stas... are very good players.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Even without Grabovsky and Kostitsyn, Belarus has some talented forwards.....the offense will be competitive.
However, defensively the are rubbish. Beyond Salei, Kostyuchenok and Denisov their d-core is complete ****.

Belarus success will depend on Mezin.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad