Before you buy NHL22, think about this:

JuJu Mobb

Dec 9, 2009
If they just let us edit players in franchise mode I would buy this game

Will never understand why they removed it. I just want to have fun and mess around in an offline mode

Just make it an add-on and I'll pay $5 if thats what they want

Edit player is in franchise mode. You can add X-Factors to your players if you want to.

I believe some parts a locked tho. (can't change height, weight)

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
Just came across this topic, but a little history I used to played Blades of Steel on NES, NHLPA 93 and then NHL 94 been playing since, although did skip NHL 16,17,18 because never invested in an Xbox One until NHL 19, still play NHL Legacy(NHL 16 technically on old gen) occasional on Xbox 360 with some old friends EASHL, but when I started playing 19 I hated the EASHL because you couldn't customize your attributes like on old gen so got into HUT. NHL 19 imo was trash claimed all this new dynamic skating crap and they skated like trash slow, but the Jordan Tootoo event taught me how to play the market on hut and made over $1M off his 67 I think it was for the set for his higher rated card. NHL 20 was a little better but still not that great imo but now that I knew how to play the market made over $7M in coins and had all 99's and spares it's a grind though. NHL 21 wasn't much different didn't really enjoy it but got it free once it was on EA access in like March but made about $10M in coins in a couple months was making like $1M a week flipping cards never spend real money on packs it's a scam, but when MLB The Show 21 became available for Xbox started playing that the Diamond Dynasty mode which is their version of HUT and imo it's way better then HUT on EA. The Show rewards you way more by just playing instead of grinding out hut and completing garbage sets for waste of Gold Collectables.

With that said seeing this title, I would of said to people don't buy 22, this is the advice I gave to friends as well. Why I say this is because of the Frostbite engine they brought in, this is what I learned on NHL 19 anytime EA brings in a new feature to their game it's a trial and error for the first year with patch updates and fixes because it's new, so they need to tinker with it for a while to fix it, because they cheap out now and don't have actual game testers anymore like back in the day to fix things before release, they rely on paying customers to get them to fix it for them basically for free. EA is such a huge scam now, they used to be so good when 2K made hockey because they had actual competition, even though I hated 2k games, but it made EA be better than someone, now they have no competition and don't care. As long as people keep buying it yearly and investing micro transactions into their HUT they don't care, I'm not going to buy 22 I'll play it if it comes free one day, but NHL 23 might be better because now EA has a whole year to get used to their Frostbite engine under 22 to improve it for 23. But that would of been my best advice for people to not buy 22. If you like Baseball play the Show 21 Diamond Dynasty and just see and watch how much you get rewarded by just playing, heck you get a 96 player for free you use him in games the more you play with them they automatically upgrade to 97, to 98, to 99, you don't need no collectables or crap like that in sets to upgrade them, EA is a SCAM now a days, the company has fallen so far since 2K left, I've just basically given up on EA really.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Just came across this topic, but a little history I used to played Blades of Steel on NES, NHLPA 93 and then NHL 94 been playing since, although did skip NHL 16,17,18 because never invested in an Xbox One until NHL 19, still play NHL Legacy(NHL 16 technically on old gen) occasional on Xbox 360 with some old friends EASHL, but when I started playing 19 I hated the EASHL because you couldn't customize your attributes like on old gen so got into HUT. NHL 19 imo was trash claimed all this new dynamic skating crap and they skated like trash slow, but the Jordan Tootoo event taught me how to play the market on hut and made over $1M off his 67 I think it was for the set for his higher rated card. NHL 20 was a little better but still not that great imo but now that I knew how to play the market made over $7M in coins and had all 99's and spares it's a grind though. NHL 21 wasn't much different didn't really enjoy it but got it free once it was on EA access in like March but made about $10M in coins in a couple months was making like $1M a week flipping cards never spend real money on packs it's a scam, but when MLB The Show 21 became available for Xbox started playing that the Diamond Dynasty mode which is their version of HUT and imo it's way better then HUT on EA. The Show rewards you way more by just playing instead of grinding out hut and completing garbage sets for waste of Gold Collectables.

With that said seeing this title, I would of said to people don't buy 22, this is the advice I gave to friends as well. Why I say this is because of the Frostbite engine they brought in, this is what I learned on NHL 19 anytime EA brings in a new feature to their game it's a trial and error for the first year with patch updates and fixes because it's new, so they need to tinker with it for a while to fix it, because they cheap out now and don't have actual game testers anymore like back in the day to fix things before release, they rely on paying customers to get them to fix it for them basically for free. EA is such a huge scam now, they used to be so good when 2K made hockey because they had actual competition, even though I hated 2k games, but it made EA be better than someone, now they have no competition and don't care. As long as people keep buying it yearly and investing micro transactions into their HUT they don't care, I'm not going to buy 22 I'll play it if it comes free one day, but NHL 23 might be better because now EA has a whole year to get used to their Frostbite engine under 22 to improve it for 23. But that would of been my best advice for people to not buy 22. If you like Baseball play the Show 21 Diamond Dynasty and just see and watch how much you get rewarded by just playing, heck you get a 96 player for free you use him in games the more you play with them they automatically upgrade to 97, to 98, to 99, you don't need no collectables or crap like that in sets to upgrade them, EA is a SCAM now a days, the company has fallen so far since 2K left, I've just basically given up on EA really.

Calm down, relax. It's just a video game.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The only reasonably entertaining way to play this game is organized teams of humans vs other humans. 6s drop-in is absolutely atrocious. A vast majority of the players worth getting as random teammates are generally playing in organized leagues (LGHL, VGHL, WCHL, etc.) or playing club games. If you have 1 other teammate you can sometimes find a half-decent 3rd, as long as you check loadouts before the game to make sure your teammate isn't braindead.

6 on 6 EASHL is the most pure way to play this game, and it's still got an incredible amount of issues that severely affect the quality of the experience.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
Fair enough I guess I have different perception of "any balanced and reasonable degree".

Yes I count that as a skill to be able to exploit the game engine better than your opponent. I don't think the control is that horrific unless you have a shitty connection and every forced play and "glitch" goal has a counter if you know how to play. People are obviously gonna take advantage of the a.i especially when the game is competitive in nature but how the hell are you gonna ever make the a.i perfect without it being overpowered? If you look at the top 1v1 players they just are more skillful at playing with the a.i especially when defending.

Of course the game still has its flaws when it comes to some physics (most notably pucks going through sticks/bodies some time) but I just find it funny when people are looking back at some 90s and early 2000 editions like they were the ultimate simulation. I've played since 2000 back then on PC and switched to console for 08 and I just don't get how it supposedly rewarded "skill" more in those earlier editons compared to present day.

Spoken like a glitch goal machine lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad