Bedard's debut sets new TV ratings record

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I've said it before, I'll say it again. The best thing that could happen to the NHL, NBA, MLB, or NFL from a purely financial standpoint would be for the Hawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Bears to succeed, just given a) how big the Chicago market is, and b) how big the Chicago diaspora is across the country.

85 Bears, Bulls 90s dynasties, Hawks of the early to mid 2010s, and Cubs 2016 were ratings and revenues bonanzas.

Bedard is going to make the NHL and its partners so much money this year even on a bad team thanks to the Chicago fandom.

Oh, and I guess Pittsburgh helped, too.

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
I've said it before, I'll say it again. The best thing that could happen to the NHL, NBA, MLB, or NFL from a purely financial standpoint would be for the Hawks, Bulls, Cubs, and Bears to succeed, just given a) how big the Chicago market is, and b) how big the Chicago diaspora is across the country.

85 Bears, Bulls 90s dynasties, Hawks of the early to mid 2010s, and Cubs 2016 were ratings and revenues bonanzas.

Bedard is going to make the NHL and its partners so much money this year even on a bad team thanks to the Chicago fandom.

Oh, and I guess Pittsburgh helped, too.
The same could be said for New York to an even greater extent. Imagine if the Knicks had a dynasty like the Bulls or the Rangers like the Hawks? Would be record revenues. No team in baseball comes close to moving the needle like the Yankees. The Jets and Giants have been horrendous recently, but still pull massive ratings. New York is king.

Reactions: torontoblood

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Bedard and the Blackhawks is a perfect match for the League.

Chicago is also a very passionate sports town compared to other (*cough: LA*) major markets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad