Bedard vs Celebrini vs Hagens vs McKenna

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
We seem to be in a bit of a renaissance of sorts with the quality of the prospects getting spit out last year and for the next three. All four of these guys have elite superstar potential.

Predict how the four will be ranked at the end of their careers.

Bedard
McKenna
Celebrini
Hagens

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014
Bedard
Mckenna
Celebrini
Hagens

Hard to argue against the ridiculous production of the first two. Then you have Celebrini who is just such a strong two way player.
Mckenna .. then the rest . F’n kid is couple weeks from being a 2008!! Crazy

Bonin21

May 1, 2014
All great players and three teams plus Chicago will be lucky to have them. One team would be super lucky to have two of the four.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
1. Mckenna
2. Bedard
Both near generational level

3. Celebrini
4. Hagens
Both elite level players

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
I haven't seen McKenna enough to rank, but he looked like he could be Patrick Kane level to me today. I'd have the other 3 in a pretty clear order as of now, but still a long way to go for all of them.

1. Bedard
2. Celebrini
3. Hagens

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Bedard
Mckenna
Celebrini
Hagens

Hard to argue against the ridiculous production of the first two. Then you have Celebrini who is just such a strong two way player. Hagens is no slouch either.

After today's performance by McKenna, I have to fully agree with this order. All will be great players nonetheless

spfan

May 4, 2009
Projecting long term I'd say

Bedard
McKenna
Hagens
Celebrini

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would start with Celebrini last. I think he just doesn't have the offense of the others. He'll have a good career, but I don't see him ever being a top 5 center in the NHL. I think the other three are true star game breakers that routinely are like 100 points a year at their best.

From there, you are dealing with different types of players. McKenna is the least athletically challenged. Yet, he's also the only one of the other three that isn't a center. Can he be taught to play center? Hagens I think is the best defensively of these three, but his offensive skills aren't as strong. Bedard is the shortest and worst skater of these three, but his shot might be the best attribute of these players and he's more proven. He's delivered in big moments for many years.

Potential:

McKenna (if he plays center successfully and improves a little defensively)
Hagens (if he grows another inch or two)
Bedard
Celebrini

Taking everything into account:

Bedard
Hagens
McKenna
Celebrini

Reactions: Realgud

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad