Confirmed with Link: Beauvillier to Nashville (2024 5rd pick)

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
IMG_3909.gif

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
KD loses on the Beauvilkier moves..

To get him we gave Vancouver tge highest (best) of any 5th rounder we have at 2924 Draft = our own 5th =#129 (or maybe #130 if we finish 2nd last to SJ)..ie. very top of 4th roubd..

Se ding Beauvillier to Nashville we get a puck approx #147 (they currently arex13th best team i NHL(..IF they get to WCFibal that pick is worse...=at end of 5yh roubd.

Worst case:Beauvillier r costs us 30-31 positions if Nashville wins Cup or "just 28-29 positions if they get to WCFinal and lose ...

Or best case is that the pick is about #147 if they stay 13th best after playoffs.

So yes we getcax5th back but much later than had we not gotten Beauvilliier in the first place.

Best Hawks 5th ever=Andrew Saw taken at #139 ...We coukd have had #129 -#130 had KD never bothered to get Beauvillier...

BUT maybe KF will packagecthe Nash 5th with a pkayer ...retain and get a 2ndvorc3rd back?

T.Jonnso × Nashville 5th for a conditional 2nd (becomes 3rd ) if team we trade Johnson to does notcadvancecto WC Final) sonetging likevthat?
Not understanding how filling a hole with a veteran due to unexpected rash of injuries without either rushing a kid or bringing up someone you wanted the kids on the hogs playing with.
If he had more success with CB maybe the pick moves up a round or 2. He didn’t so it didn’t.
But the cost was very low to find out.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Musto, what would have been a good plan?
C’mon now, Clearly Musto’s plan would be to have 14 NHL level forwards in Chicago and 10 more NHL level forwards in Rockford.
You can then break in the kids by playing them 4th line minutes every 3rd game in Rockford.

That’s how you plan for injuries in Mustoland.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
They went into the season with guys like Reese Johnson making the opening night roster.

It was never about injuries.

They lacked depth from the start.
R. Johnson was like a 15th forward coming out of the offseason.

Connor Bedard
Taylor Hall
Lukas Reichel
Corey Perry
Nick Foligno
Andreas Athanasiou
Tyler Johnson
Jason Dickinson
Taylor Raddysh
Phillipp Kurashev
Ryan Donato
Colin Blackwell
Mackenzie Entwistle
Boris Katchouk
Reese Johnson
Cole Guttman
Joey Anderson
Mike Hardman
Brett Seney
David Gust

There’s always been some injuries to keep him up (Blackwell and Kurashev began the season on IR).

They had about 17 NHL-ish forwards. And of course were actively trying to tank.

Last edited:

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
I thought for sure for sure that Beauvillier was going to be traded…to NYI as they love their retreads…but on further review Trotz did have him Long Island

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I have to say he was quite disappointing. He was the main piece in the Horvat trade and apparently didn't fit in to the Nuck's plan either. He was given an opp here and didn't do anything with it....so we got a body when we needed one, got some games and get a slightly worse pick without retaining any salary.....works for me.

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
Not a good strategy to trade picks when you're rebuilding because you didn't plan properly
From second city hockey

For the Blackhawks, the move makes sense: with the return of Andreas Athanasiou (groin injury) to the lineup happening as early as Saturday against the Washington Capitals, and NCAA prospects like Landon Slaggert and Frank Nazar possibly signing in the coming weeks, Beauvillier just wasn’t needed anymore.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
I have to say he was quite disappointing. He was the main piece in the Horvat trade and apparently didn't fit in to the Nuck's plan either. He was given an opp here and didn't do anything with it....so we got a body when we needed one, got some games and get a slightly worse pick without retaining any salary.....works for me.
He wasn’t the main piece. The isles first was the main piece.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Moved down 18 spots in the all-important fifth round for 23 games of Beauvillier. Completely unacceptable. Fire everyone.
Oh and by the way…he freed up $4.1 million in cap space…BOOM…no one had mentioned that yet, no rention, no ‘third team’ needed…pretty good deal actually

Only team in NHL with $10 million plus in cap space!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad