Confirmed with Link: Beauvillier to Nashville (2024 5rd pick)

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Being reported
IMG_7961.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: d rake

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Thank you Trots, it's good old connection time.

So the Hawks gave a conditional 5th to get him, what was the condition?

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
So they basically kicked their 5th round pick to next year?

I'm happy with that.

They should have never had to trade for Beauvillier in the first place. They only did because of poor planning.

This year's draft sucks so I'd rather have the 2025 pick even if it's just in the 5th round.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

I'm happy with that.

They should have never had to trade for Beauvillier in the first place. They only did because of poor planning.

This year's draft sucks so I'd rather have the 2025 pick even if it's just in the 5th round.

The pick we acquired is Preds 2024 5th

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He was fast, and that's about it. Will forget he was a Hawk by this time next week.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I'm happy with that.

You were upset over nothing then and you're still salty now. Total nothing burger.

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Feel free to keep excusing poor planning.

Those mistakes will add up over time.
They moved back like a half dozen spots in the fifth round. If we start doing that in the first three rounds with regularity I'm right there with you.
not a steep cost to take a flyer on a guy.

Humored at Musto still bitching because management didn’t plan on 6 forwards being injured.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Humored at Musto still bitching because management didn’t plan on 6 forwards being injured.
They went into the season with guys like Reese Johnson making the opening night roster.

It was never about injuries.

They lacked depth from the start.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
KD loses on the Beauvilkier moves..

To get him we gave Vancouver tge highest (best) of any 5th rounder we have at 2924 Draft = our own 5th =#129 (or maybe #130 if we finish 2nd last to SJ)..ie. very top of 4th roubd..

Se ding Beauvillier to Nashville we get a puck approx #147 (they currently arex13th best team i NHL(..IF they get to WCFibal that pick is worse...=at end of 5yh roubd.

Worst case:Beauvillier r costs us 30-31 positions if Nashville wins Cup or "just 28-29 positions if they get to WCFinal and lose ...

Or best case is that the pick is about #147 if they stay 13th best after playoffs.

So yes we getcax5th back but much later than had we not gotten Beauvilliier in the first place.

Best Hawks 5th ever=Andrew Saw taken at #139 ...We coukd have had #129 -#130 had KD never bothered to get Beauvillier...

BUT maybe KF will packagecthe Nash 5th with a pkayer ...retain and get a 2ndvorc3rd back?

T.Jonnso × Nashville 5th for a conditional 2nd (becomes 3rd ) if team we trade Johnson to does notcadvancecto WC Final) sonetging likevthat?

Last edited:

u2wojo

Dec 22, 2011
Feel free to keep excusing poor planning.

Those mistakes will add up over time.
I mean you could/should have know Hall and Athanasiou and Blackwell would be hurt, but acquiring Beauvillier was a direct response to losing Hall for the season the week he was acquired. We gave up a 5th (which has virtually no statistical chance of playing in the NHL much less being a meaningful player and eventually got one back to rent an actual (not necessarily good) NHL player for 4 months so we had someone to play in NHL games.

KD loses on the Beauvilkier moves..

To get him we gave Vancouver tge highest (best) of any 5th rounder we have at 2924 Draft = our own 5th =#129 (or maybe #130 if we finish 2nd last to SJ)..ie. very top of 4th roubd..

Se ding Beauvillier to Nashville we get a puck approx #147 (they currently arex13th best team i NHL(..IF they get to WCFibal that pick is worse...=at end of 5yh roubd.

Worst case:Beauvillier r costs us 30-31 positions if Nashville wins Cup or "just 28-29 positions if they get to WCFinal and lose ...

Or best case is that the pick is about #147 if they stay 13th best after playoffs.

So yes we getcax5th back but much later than had we not gotten Beauvilliier in the first place.

Best Hawks 5th ever=Andrew Saw taken at #139 ...We coukd have had #129 -#130 had KD never bothered to get Beauvilkier.
You list like 1 decent (not great despite the folk lore in Hawk circles) 5th rounder and fail to mention the 100's of others that never sniffed the NHL. Odds of a 5th even 129 being a meaningful NHL player are slim to none.

Reactions: Larmer83

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad