• Seinfeld

Votes: 72 64.3%

• Total voters

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
You can only have one.

Edit: I'll elaborate. You're stranded on a deserted island for 5 years. You have access to the Beatles anthology or every season Seinfeld. That is the only media you have access to. Nothing else. What would you choose?

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Friends? Lmao, and not from the show. Because some people actually think it’s great.

Yawn. Seinfeld is overrated. Can’t watch that shit. Not my kind of humour. Friends was better. Frasier was better.

Edit: nevermind, I’ll just cringe and leave it at that. But cringe humour does it for a lot anyhow, I guess

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Most sitcoms / TV comedies are pretty forgettable or have some funny moments at best. Of the ones I’ve seen that come to mind immediately I’d probably put them in this sort of tiers (not putting in animation because I’m lazy and most of them run too long to consider as one show: ex golden age Simpsons > pretty much anything on this list anyhow but after that is mostly rubbish)

S

Silicon Valley
Curb Your Enthusiasm

A

Seinfeld
Faulty Towers

B

Married with Children
Arrested Development (overrated as hell, flame away)
It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
IT Crowd
Are You Being Served?
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Chapelle’s Show
Mythic Quest (only watched the first season, “A Dark Quiet Death” is one of the best episodes of TV, period. Not a comedy episode)

C

Malcolm in the Middle
That 70’s Show
Frasier (yeah, probably low for some, idc)
Parks and Rec
30 Rock
The Office (never seen the UK one but imagine it’s better)
Home Improvement (actually underrated for what it is)
Community
Scrubs
Newsradio
Everybody Hates Chris
3rd Rock from the Sun
The Drew Carey Show
My Name is Earl
Boy Meets World
Just Shoot Me

D

Friends
Everybody Loves Raymond
Modern Family
The King of Queens
The Middle
Full House
Family Matters
…many others that I’m too lazy to look up / don’t remember

F

Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men
…And most other sitcoms I’ve seen and can’t remember

A caveat that I haven’t really seen any from before the mid 80s aside from the few listed on here

Last edited:

29Beast97Mode

Jul 25, 2020
Vancouver
hfboards.mandatory.com
Most sitcoms / TV comedies are pretty forgettable or have some funny moments at best. Of the ones I’ve seen that come to mind immediately I’d probably put them in this sort of tiers (not putting in animation because I’m lazy and most of them run too long to consider as one show: ex golden age Simpsons > pretty much anything on this list anyhow but after that is mostly rubbish)

S

Silicon Valley
Curb Your Enthusiasm

A

Seinfeld
Faulty Towers

B

Married with Children
IT Crowd
Are You Being Served?
Chapelle’s Show

C

Malcolm in the Middle
That 70’s Show
Parks and Rec
30 Rock
Community
Scrubs
Newsradio
Everybody Hates Chris
3rd Rock from the Sun
The Drew Carey Show
My Name is Earl
Boy Meets World
Just Shoot Me

D

Friends
Everybody Loves Raymond
Modern Family
The King of Queens
The Middle
Full House
Family Matters

F

Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men

A caveat that I haven’t really seen any from before the mid 80s aside from the few listed on here

I agree about the big bang theory it's not funny at all. Sheldon is an obnoxious jerk.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I agree about the big bang theory it's not funny at all. Sheldon is an obnoxious jerk.

It’s super cringe. I mean, it has moments, but it’s undone by being a caricature of a caricature of nerd culture that basically just became a fan service show.

Frasier has its brilliant moments. Much of its charm comes from the fact that it’s a show written by progressive upper class elites making fun of progressive upper class elites.

Yeah, I might have it too low. I remember it being solid.

Reactions: capazzo and Cloned

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG

S

Silicon Valley
Curb Your Enthusiasm

A

Seinfeld
Faulty Towers

B

Married with Children
IT Crowd
Are You Being Served?
Chapelle’s Show

C

Malcolm in the Middle
That 70’s Show
Parks and Rec
30 Rock
Community
Scrubs
Newsradio
Everybody Hates Chris
3rd Rock from the Sun
The Drew Carey Show
My Name is Earl
Boy Meets World
Just Shoot Me

D

Friends
Everybody Loves Raymond
Modern Family
The King of Queens
The Middle
Full House
Family Matters

F

Big Bang Theory
Two and a Half Men

Thanks for the list. I'd have to go way back to find the one's that were really memorable I'd pick the Beatles anyday over Seinfield which blew...Here's my list of memorable ones.

70s
All in the Family
Jeffersons
Good TImes
Happy Days
Laverne and Shirley
Three's Company
80s
SCTV
Benny Hill
90s
Friends - better than most at the time( not a huge fan but it had some charm)
2000s
Chapelle Show
Two and a Half Men w/t Sheen
THe Office (only a few episodes and was impressed)
Edit: Schitts Creek !!!
Dramas (last 30 years) Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and Sopranos...

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
Just thinking that I'd choose the Beatle's White Album if I had to choose one but I'd scare the crap out of myself having Revolution 9 playing while I'm on a deserted island. That's one freaky song...oof

Reactions: Stoneman89

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Thanks for the list. I'd have to go way back to find the one's that were really memorable I'd pick the Beatles anyday over Seinfield which blew...Here's my list of memorable ones.

70s
All in the Family
Jeffersons
Good TImes
Happy Days
Laverne and Shirley
Three's Company
80s
SCTV
Benny Hill
90s
Friends - better than most at the time( not a huge fan but it had some charm)
2000s
Chapelle Show
Two and a Half Men w/t Sheen
THe Office (only a few episodes and was impressed)

Dramas (last 30 years) Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and Sopranos...

I’m probably being a bit harsh on Two and a Half Men but only really enjoyed Sheen in it and as funny as he was don’t feel he can carry the whole show. Will probably go back to the 70s and 80s ones. I have All in the Family downloaded years ago but only watched a couple of episodes. It seemed promising.

Dramas are tougher, for sure. For me the show can be ruined by one or two bad seasons (Infamously: Game of Thrones). A few favourites off the top of my head (in no order): The Wire, True Detective (mostly the 1st season, but I actually didn’t mind the 2nd or 3rd), Battlestar Galactica (reboot), from what I remember - Star Trek: Deep Space 9 - but that was ages ago, the 1st season of Mr. Robot (didn’t like the direction the rest of it went, a lot of other people do). Black Mirror is spotty but since it’s an anthology, you can take or leave episodes and some are quite strong but I feel they need a rewatch to be sure.

I haven’t seen a lot of the more recent acclaimed ones including Breaking Bad or Sons of Anarchy. Will get around to The Sopranos someday.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
You can only have one.

Edit: I'll elaborate. You're stranded on a deserted island for 5 years. You have access to the Beatles anthology or every season Seinfeld. That is the only media you have access to. Nothing else. What would you choose?

Sooooooo easy. Seinfeld all day long. But I’d prefer The Office. Best comedy ever for me is Faulty Towers but only 12 shows.

That and I can’t stand the Beatles. I might use their records to cut palm fronds for shelter and build a raft to get off the island so that might be useful.

Last edited:

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Sooooooo easy. Seinfeld all day long. But I’d prefer The Office. Best comedy ever for me is Faulty Towers but only 12 shows.

That and I can’t stand the Beatles. I might use their records to cut palm fronds for shelter and build a raft to get off the island so that might be useful.
1668358313033.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad