Bears and NFL Talk thread XLIV: End of the Forte Era

Status
Not open for further replies.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
I think they will tag him and continue to work on a long term deal after the tag.

This.
'
He doesn't like Chicago, but they have 2 tags to put on him.
Something tells me if the Bears become a winning team in the next year or two, all of a sudden he'll enjoy being here more.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
I'd try to trade him for a late first to a team like Carolina

Bad idea (IMO), you want to give yourself a year or two to re-sign him. He'll likely gain value in the process. Unless you get a top 10 pick or so.

He is a great, young receiver that performs every time he's on the field. He has soft tissue injury issues but hardly anything scary.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Bad idea (IMO), you want to give yourself a year or two to re-sign him. He'll likely gain value in the process. Unless you get a top 10 pick or so.

He is a great, young receiver that performs every time he's on the field. He has soft tissue injury issues but hardly anything scary.

The Bears aren't tagging him twice. He'll play next year and then hit free agency. His value goes down, not up, the longer the Bears hold on to him

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
get a Team in place, use Cutler as placeholder and when you have a solid/good Team you go out and get your new starting QB.

I think the Bears would have better value with Cook/Hackenberg in round 2 over Goff/Wentz/Lynch in round 1.

DPHawk

Oct 31, 2013
Go QB next year. Not this year.

Go QB whenever you find someone you like. We're not competing under Cutler so if they like someone in the first or second round they should go get them and it could be a great opportunity to bring them along slowly.

It's not like there is some big opportunity cost involved with not getting help for Cutler this year since we're not a contender.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
get a Team in place, use Cutler as placeholder and when you have a solid/good Team you go out and get your new starting QB.

I think the Bears would have better value with Cook/Hackenberg in round 2 over Goff/Wentz/Lynch in round 1.

Don't want Connor Cook and don't think Hackenberg gets past Houston.

blams

LeGoat
May 14, 2015
Illinois
Cutler will still be good when this team is a contender again.

The Bears need to continue going BPA- and looking at this draft, no chance number 11 is the BPA even if Goff/Lynch/Wentz are available.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I've always been a Jay guy and I'd be pissed if they drafted a QB in the 1st 3 rounds. If they want to take a flyer on a late round project, that's fine.

ManChild20

Aug 11, 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
I wouldn't mind taking Goff if he fell. Other than that I'd rather take a mid round flier on a Prescott, Jones, or Hogan. Late round flier on Sudfeld wouldn't bother me either.

If not, find someone next year and build the team around Cutler in the mean time. I'm still of the opinion this team can make the playoffs and beyond with Cutler as the QB. The surround team right now is simply not good enough, however.

I want Jaylon Smith or Noah Spence in the first round if possible.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I don't like Hackenberg? I haven't since September.

You were his biggest fan for quite some time. Hell, you were giving him the benefit of the doubt for a while for having D2 school's talent around him. You even got him not getting past Houston in the 2nd now (but I'm sure he'll get picked high because of his physical attributes). BWC, HGF and others were absolutely right about "HackenJesus" long before you jumped off the bandwagon. FYI, I'm not a Cook fan either, but I wouldn't doubt he becomes the better pro player of the two. Can never underestimate those Michigan State QBs. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad