OT: Bears and NFL Talk thread XLI: Chicago vs ex-Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Well you know it's a throw away year when you take a wide receiver that early. Not many receivers make first year impacts. Hearing he is pretty raw as well.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
When was the last time a team won a Super Bowl thanks to an elite receiver?When was the last time a team outscored Aaron Rodgers? It's too easy to take a receiver out of a game. If you get outmanned at the LOS or have a butcher QB like Cutler, receivers don't make a difference.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The more I think about this pick, the more it pisses me off. We were ******* last year, and took a wide receiver in the first ****ing round. What a joke.

I feel like BWC posting this, but seriously... What an awful ****ing pick.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Did you watch the NFL last year????? Beckham, Mike Evans, Cooks...

Really?

All 3 of those guys played on teams last year that ****ing sucked. No **** they put up numbers, they were always playing from behind and throwing the ball.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
A lot of people had White as the top WR this year and almost everyone had him as a top 5 player.

Are people really complaining about them going BPA?

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Really?

All 3 of those guys played on teams last year that ****ing sucked. No **** they put up numbers, they were always playing from behind and throwing the ball.

He said WR's don't make a difference. They do, they can't control what the rest of the team is doing. You guys are *****ing but not suggesting who the hell the Bears should have went with after Leonard went.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
He said WR's don't make a difference. They do, they can't control what the rest of the team is doing. You guys are *****ing but not suggesting who the hell the Bears should have went with after Leonard went.

As many holes as this team has on D, I'd have taken the best defensive player available on D that the organization saw fit. Taking a ****ing WR is a joke to me.

How many teams do you see at the top of the standings that have used high picks on WRs? Not many...

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
As many holes as this team has on D, I'd have taken the best defensive player available on D that the organization saw fit. Taking a ****ing WR is a joke to me.

How many teams do you see at the top of the standings that have used high picks on WRs? Not many...

Or... how many teams at the top of the standings taking BPA? THAT is what matters.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

Again, it's going to be a 2 year, maybe 3 year process. This team has holes every where and WR is actually one. The rest of the draft should be defensive but they still won't be good next year unless they are all home runs. With the luck the Bears have had with 1st rounders, I just hope one sticks for a while.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Lions and Bengals drafted STUD, as in top 3 in the game, receivers at 2 and 3 respectively. Hasn't done **** because they don't have good QBs and elite WR don't win playoff games.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Lions and Bengals drafted STUD, as in top 3 in the game, receivers at 2 and 3 respectively. Hasn't done **** because they don't have good QBs and elite WR don't win playoff games.

Okay, well which good QB was available?

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Perfect analogy... the people getting upset at the Cubs drafting Bryant over a pitcher because pitcher was a NEED.

BPA people, BPA

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
Um, that is typical with high picks. The Bears are a god awful team. Did you guys think they were going to fix it all with this draft, it's not possible. :laugh:

I'm not saying they are bad players, but their stats are inflated because they play on bad teams. I really like Beckham though.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Again, it's going to be a 2 year, maybe 3 year process. This team has holes every where and WR is actually one. The rest of the draft should be defensive but they still won't be good next year unless they are all home runs. With the luck the Bears have had with 1st rounders, I just hope one sticks for a while.

Who as the last team to draft a WR in the top 10 that made a significant impact in a playoff/Super Bowl run?

I can't think of a single one.

This team has too many holes to waste a top 10 pick on a wide ****ing receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Denmark vs Great Britain
    Denmark vs Great Britain
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Kazakhstan vs Germany
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $2,330.00