Bears and NFL Talk Thread LI: Bears don't win again

Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
lol commentators trying to keep interest in blowout by suggesting we may see trubisky

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
In Dallas market, the talking heads think Romo is good but his energy level is 11/10, he interrupts Jim Nantz, his party trick is calling plays, and he frequently copies other famous calls like Madden "Boom!" and Chris Bermen stuff.

I like him tho, fresh announcing.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
can we fire fox midgame? Like, they come out of the tunnel after half and fangio is the head coach?

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Would point out that our GM said he coveted and like Glennon for years

Another damning indictment of Pace era at this point and another reason to question his handling of organization going forward

Fox needs to be fired ASAP

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
In Dallas market, the talking heads think Romo is good but his energy level is 11/10, he interrupts Jim Nantz, his party trick is calling plays, and he frequently copies other famous calls like Madden "Boom!" and Chris Bermen stuff.

I like him tho, fresh announcing.

Romo's clearly very knowledgeable. I like it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Would point out that our GM said he coveted and like Glennon for years

Another damning indictment of Pace era at this point and another reason to question his handling of organization going forward

Fox needs to be fired ASAP

I don't think you know how marketing and spin work. EVERY gm says the same think about every player. You can't be this naive. Ever wonder why it is basically a one year deal? I will give you a minute to put it together. Before you even bring it up, yes Cutler was cheaper but he could not stay healthy and he was toxic to the team at that point. Glennon is an 18 million dollar tackling dummy.

MurrayBannerman

I post about baseball on a hockey forum
Feb 18, 2012
CHI
I'd guess any pro-bowl qb would have a huge amount of knowledge of the game, the trick is to be able to explain it well enough for a wide audience. Seems like Romo can do it.

Exactly. If you're just dropping technical jargon that goes over everyone's head, it's useless.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
I don't think you know how marketing and spin work. EVERY gm says the same think about every player. You can't be this naive. Ever wonder why it is basically a one year deal? I will give you a minute to put it together.
Hahaha. Well put.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Honestly, I enjoy the enthusiasm and his general love for the game. Majority of the color announcers seem like it's just another game.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
18mil guaranteed for a 3 year deal is bad, but I just thank god it wasn't like 30mil guaranteed and 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad