College Hockey Beanpot 2022 discussion

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Amazing how Northeastern has turned around - they were bottom feeder for so long

Reactions: northeastern

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney & Hughes probably meeting up for first time since he got named GM ~ I guess they won’t be talking about an extension for Bergeron. Jack Hughes his kid just tried bouncing in off Dop head lol

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Amazing how Northeastern has turned around - they were bottom feeder for so long

From a few years before I attended to a year after they went from goons who tried to bully a win to skilled teams who could skate with bu/bc. It's been amazing to watch. Too bad they couldn't win a beanpot when I was in school...

Here I was worried about losing Levi. But we're getting a show instead. Nice

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Totally forgot the Beatport was on NHL network. There's Ted Donato.
And if you set ups a DVR to get the NESN broadcast, at least on Comcast the NHL feed overrides the NESN broadcast. But because the NHL feed is blacked out in the NESN broadcast area, you end up getting nothing but three hours of NHL highlights instead of the game. This needs to be fixed.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
get_image.aspx

https://www.uscho.com/2022/02/07/wi...llege-hockey-getting-back-to-pre-covid-times/

Cheering, yelling, and Bon Jovi: This is what a Beanpot victory sounds like

And Ron Hextall was at the game.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

Harvard simply does not have the alumni support they once enjoyed. The current student body is now more into basketball.

The Bright Center only holds 2,800 fans and it is seldom filled.

How many NHL teams would kill for 15,000+ right about now?

Amen

There is chatter that the Beanpot could become a 3 night event with 8 teams by adding 4 more schools - You can choose from UMass, Lowell, Merrimack, Bentley, AIC and Holy Cross. :dunno:

Reactions: Saxon Eric

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Harvard simply does not have the alumni support they once enjoyed. The current student body is now more into basketball.

Amen

There is chatter that the Beanpot could become a 3 night event with 8 teams by adding 4 more schools - You can choose from UMass, Lowell, Merrimack, Bentley, AIC and Holy Cross. :dunno:

Might as well just create a post X-Xmas Tourney doing something like that. What relevance does a team from UMass-Amherst or Worcester have to do
with Boston\Beanpot?

Reactions: Ratty

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Amen

Agree on Harvard. We felt like we could count the Harvard fans.

Please tell me the expansion of the Beanpot is not actually a potential thing. Bigger is not better in this case. I love that the tournament is unchanged since the 1950's. My two favorite days on the hockey calendar are the High School championships at the Garden, and the opening night of the Beanpot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00