Bauer Vapor SFL XI Senior Ice Skates

Discussion in 'The Rink' started by fcbarcelona, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fcbarcelona

fcbarcelona Registered User

Home Page:
    I'm planning on buying these from the following site: http://www.hockeygiant.com/bau04sflxisktsr.html

I need to know if there are any major flaws and if I can get better skates for a similar value. I'm an intermediate skater who's had CCM 700 Tacks for while now. I hear the XXs are near perfect and I'm curious to know how awesome the XXX's are.

I'm also thinking of buying these sticks: http://www.hockeygiant.com/gearhrntstksr.html

Full value for these two products comes out to $ 135 US. I'm not looking to blow my budget of 150 bucks US. If I need to, I'll leave out the sticks to get awesome skates.

Thanks in advance.

2. Sticks of Fury

Sticks of Fury Registered User

Home Page:
    Bauers usually are more narrow than CCM skates. Should try on a pair of Bauers first and see how they fit.

I know someone who got the Vapor XV's and he broke his steel blade twice. That put me off Bauers a bit.

If you want a deal...Check out www.missionhockey.com they have a buy a skate and get a stick free promo for your price range.

3. fcbarcelona

Home Page:
    wicked...thanks

4. Petey21

Petey21 Registered User

Home Page:
    I don't know about the stick as I haven't tried it but as for the skates, they are worth the price. I actually bought a pair of those myself the other week, my first Bauer skates ever, I've always been a CCM guy, thinking they are better for people with wide feet, but I've learnt that Bauer offer different widths. So the local store had a good deal on them and I tried them on and they felt great, despite my wide feet.

My model is however called Bauer Vapor Pro, but I've been told it's a European version of the Vapor XI that you were looking at (I have no idea what the difference would be except for the name though). Below is a pic of my new skates if anyone wanna see what they look like.

http://img285.echo.cx/img285/6716/img00022ku.jpg

5. fcbarcelona

Home Page:
    you know i just went to a store and tried on the XIs to only find that they are indeed too narrow for my foot..7E included. for some reason, my left foots is noticeably bigger. i tried on the easton 500s and i loved how snug and lite they were.

6. CCF

CCF This is the year....

I quit....
    Home Page:
    Mission by far make the narrowest skates out there. If you have a wide foot, there is no way you will squeeze into a Mission.

7. fcbarcelona

Home Page:
  8. JeffW

JeffW Registered User

The S500 fits my clown feet beautifully in the EE width without heat molding. My shoes are 10.5 EEEE.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.