Battlefield V (2018)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I'm getting better. I usually finish in the top-20 now! How do people finish with a k/d of 10-1? ****s crazy.

Also, any advice on how to escape other pilots? Do I need to upgrade my plane before I have a chance? Seems I get shot down every time someone gets behind me. I use the third unlockable plane, which is pretty quick and maneuverable. I'd love to use the bomber, but it's just too damn slow.

planes are a fickle thing on this game. I find I can do decently well with the German fighter plane flying solo. I also find it is helpful if you fly tandem with another person with a fighter plane. they tend to figure out what you are doing if you have their back or just fly abreast to them. If you can get another pilot to team up with you it will help you if you have someone on your tail, plus it is quicker to shoot down bombers/fighter planes if there are two planes shooting it.

Bombers you need one or two of your squad in it with you to mount the turrets to ward off the enemy fighters or else its a very quick ride in the bomber (from my experience).

Reactions: Dubi Doo
Sep 19, 2008
Chapter 5: War in the Pacific is coming soon to BATTLEFIELD™ V. Prepare to take part in amphibious beach assaults as the unstoppable U.S. forces charge headfirst into unwavering Japanese defenses. Then dominate in asymmetric battles with new vehicles, weapons, Reinforcements, and more!

Reactions: tacogeoff

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hmmm 12 gb update today. Hope it's the Pacific. I'm already tired of COD it was fun for a bit but the maps are terrible and players toxic
Pacific Storm kinda sucks if you're a pilot. Too many people camp the take off points. They'll need to fix that.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Pacific Storm kinda sucks if you're a pilot. Too many people camp the take off points. They'll need to fix that.

Just played through my first breakthrough on defence on the pacific storm map. Wow is that intense. They really did a good job on that map for breakthrough. It took the other team almost a full gour to capture all 5 sectors. Going to give the other map a go tonight

Reactions: Roman Fell

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Just played through my first breakthrough on defence on the pacific storm map. Wow is that intense. They really did a good job on that map for breakthrough. It took the other team almost a full gour to capture all 5 sectors. Going to give the other map a go tonight
It is really fun. Gets chaotic.

Sep 19, 2008
Yup. Iwo Jima in breakthrough is fun. This game gets better by the day. Some in the server said it was the best map so far.

Funniest thing about this game is the overwhelming amount of female soldiers in games. Nearly everyone plays as female even me and it's hilarious. Girl power!

Sep 19, 2008
Only played two rounds yesterday but going up the beach into the caves and then up the mountain is good fun.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Only played two rounds yesterday but going up the beach into the caves and then up the mountain is good fun.

I have only played quite a few rounds yesterday as well. Wow Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm are unreal maps for the Breakthrough mode.

I kind of lean towards liking Pacific Storm a bit better as I find that it is quite a bit harder to take as an attacker. One thing in particular I noticed is that everyone forgets to go spawn back to the transport ships to grab the amphibious tanks which will allow you to get past the first stage of objectives in a moderate amount of time. I played a few rounds were we were down to about 20-40 lives left before we even took the first stage as no one was going back for the tanks lol.

I do have to say it is quite amusing playing COD "ground war" for a week then switching over to this masterpiece which is actually an all out war.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Have to agree with everyone else. I played quite a bit of Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm; it's by far the most fun I've had playing the game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the game before this update. It's reminiscent of when Battlefront added the game mode Capital Supremacy. The game became so much better. Really hope they add Normandy soon. D-day has to be in the works.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Have to agree with everyone else. I played quite a bit of Iwo Jima and Pacific Storm; it's by far the most fun I've had playing the game, and I thoroughly enjoyed the game before this update. It's reminiscent of when Battlefront added the game mode Capital Supremacy. The game became so much better. Really hope they add Normandy soon. D-day has to be in the works.

I could forsee another expansion/theater of war coming. I believe they won't be releasing BF6 until 2021.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
pacific storm on breakthrough has become quite the challenge. You really need a strong 4 or 5 squads to take the first set of objectives or you are screwed lol. I went 0-3 on the attacking side today without making it past stage one. Every time I was on a very week team smh

Sep 19, 2008
Attacking Pacific Storm is hard. Finally got it done yesterday. Everyone just floods B and then they lose it when they all go for A. Then it's cat and mouse switching between points :laugh:

If you can actually get past the first stage it's pretty fun. We went pretty far yesterday before stalling at the last stage.

Sep 19, 2008
A new patch will or has already dropped which will introduce

- new Wake Island map

- custom servers

The latter is important as the servers now have been run by DICE who sets the rules at their own whim (no random rotations, same maps over and over). While I expect to continue playing the Pacific maps I would not object to a City only BFV server (Rotterdam, the other Holland map, the seaside city map, etc)

Also lot of chatter that BFV Year 2 is significantly improved than year 1. The game was left for dead a few months ago and has made a resounding comeback. The pacific modes are highly popular and the developers continue to add new content.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
A new patch will or has already dropped which will introduce

- new Wake Island map

- custom servers

The latter is important as the servers now have been run by DICE who sets the rules at their own whim (no random rotations, same maps over and over). While I expect to continue playing the Pacific maps I would not object to a City only BFV server (Rotterdam, the other Holland map, the seaside city map, etc)

Also lot of chatter that BFV Year 2 is significantly improved than year 1. The game was left for dead a few months ago and has made a resounding comeback. The pacific modes are highly popular and the developers continue to add new content.

the game was flying high up until this new patch unfortunately -which completely neutered the gunplay. The community as a whole hates it. They added in auto spotting for enemies within 15m that broke immersion. The community games feature is completely half baked for now.

I was one of this game’s biggest supporters. It had a couple of problems but I loved the movement, gunplay, and most maps. I can’t support this product in its current state now. Sounds dramatic, I know. Back to battlefield one for me until five gets reworked.

Sep 19, 2008
the game was flying high up until this new patch unfortunately -which completely neutered the gunplay. The community as a whole hates it. They added in auto spotting for enemies within 15m that broke immersion. The community games feature is completely half baked for now.

I was one of this game’s biggest supporters. It had a couple of problems but I loved the movement, gunplay, and most maps. I can’t support this product in its current state now. Sounds dramatic, I know. Back to battlefield one for me until five gets reworked.
Fair point. I saw a lot of people complain in chat about it yesterday morning

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They ruined all the momentum the pacific update gave the game with their stupid TTK change. Feels like nerf guns. And that god awful auto spotting that works through cover and smoke. Like playing The Division: Battlefield.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Have to agree. The changes to the ttk on the weapons and spotting really brought the game down a notch. It was in a really good place when the Pacific dropped and now they went and messed it up. The new COD is absolute trash and now this smh. I did see one youtuber say that DICE does plan to make some adjustments on the TTK and range of some weapons in the near future.

Sep 19, 2008
There's a sno
Hot fix coming possibly next week to ttk on certain weapons and removal of the spotting system they implemented. Nice to see they listened to the community.

News and some fun wake island Easter eggs.

There's a snowman as well as other holiday Easter eggs.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Hot fix coming possibly next week to ttk on certain weapons and removal of the spotting system they implemented. Nice to see they listened to the community.

News and some fun wake island Easter eggs.

Same thing happened with Star Wars Battelfront. They sent out an update that completely screwed the game, and fixed it within a few weeks. It sucks they screw up updates every now and then, but at least they listen and fix the bugs...like you said,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad