Battlefield V (2018)

Sprague Cleghorn

User Registered
Aug 14, 2013
Edmonton, KY
Yeah the team balance is the biggest issue for me in this game. If you join a game and your team is bad, then youre stuck with that team forever unless you leave the game. Its not fun getting curbstomped 10 games in a row, nor is it fun doing the curbstomping 10 times in a row.

if they would fix team balance id play this game a lot more

Reactions: Dubi Doo

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Yeah the team balance is the biggest issue for me in this game. If you join a game and your team is bad, then youre stuck with that team forever unless you leave the game. Its not fun getting curbstomped 10 games in a row, nor is it fun doing the curbstomping 10 times in a row.

if they would fix team balance id play this game a lot more
I always leave if it's unbalanced. It ain't worth it.

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
I mean...I still enjoy the game. Battlefield is Battlefield, and even in an admittedly shit form like BFV kind of is, it still has moments that make me remember why I enjoy Battlefield. But I can understand from people why they don't want to deal with the game - and any sort of half decent move DICE makes is a case of going one step forward, and a mile back.

The thing that frustrates me the most though is Firestorm. I admit that probably like most people I groaned seeing DICE jump on the battle royale bandwagon. But the games I have played of it, it works, really well. The gunplay felt good. But like...the mode has more or less been crystallized in amber as the rest of DICE is all hands on deck to unf*** the main online mode. No major updates, no new guns added. No new areas. I remember reading that Criterion was dealing with Firestorm - and now I read that Criterion is welcoming back the people from Gothenberg and Ghost Games and transitioning post launch content for Need for Speed Heat. So like, has that been what they've been doing instead of Firestorm?

So many problems with the game, and Firestorm truly feels like a microcosm of them, alongside the other problems. Again, I don't blame people for having tapped out. Even now, as much as I enjoy playing the game, I find myself going back to Battlefield 1 specifically (Certainly isn't helped by my monster K/D ratio ha) but BFV is in a very bad state, probably worst then even the lowest points BF4 had. And I don't think that DICE is going to be able to make people trust them again, nor are they going to have a miraculous turnaround like BF4 did, or more recently Battlefront II.

Sep 19, 2008
I mean...I still enjoy the game. Battlefield is Battlefield, and even in an admittedly **** form like BFV kind of is, it still has moments that make me remember why I enjoy Battlefield. But I can understand from people why they don't want to deal with the game - and any sort of half decent move DICE makes is a case of going one step forward, and a mile back.

The thing that frustrates me the most though is Firestorm. I admit that probably like most people I groaned seeing DICE jump on the battle royale bandwagon. But the games I have played of it, it works, really well. The gunplay felt good. But like...the mode has more or less been crystallized in amber as the rest of DICE is all hands on deck to un**** the main online mode. No major updates, no new guns added. No new areas. I remember reading that Criterion was dealing with Firestorm - and now I read that Criterion is welcoming back the people from Gothenberg and Ghost Games and transitioning post launch content for Need for Speed Heat. So like, has that been what they've been doing instead of Firestorm?

So many problems with the game, and Firestorm truly feels like a microcosm of them, alongside the other problems. Again, I don't blame people for having tapped out. Even now, as much as I enjoy playing the game, I find myself going back to Battlefield 1 specifically (Certainly isn't helped by my monster K/D ratio ha) but BFV is in a very bad state, probably worst then even the lowest points BF4 had. And I don't think that DICE is going to be able to make people trust them again, nor are they going to have a miraculous turnaround like BF4 did, or more recently Battlefront II.
Just play the pacific maps. The game might as well not exist outside those 3 maps. Before you complain about lack of content just do it. You'll see that conquest or breakthrough through those 3 maps is good enough to entertain. The only bad thing is the lack of team balance. But you'll never get your tides of war skin if you don't start now. Get going!!

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They are reverting the TTK change back. Again. This is the second time this has happened during the life of this game. God help them if they try a third time.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Matchmaking really is trash in this game. Now that I'm back working and only have a half hour or an hour to sit down and play every now and then really amplifies the problem. It sucks for casual gamers like me who cant sink a bunch of time jumping from game to game to find an even match. It takes away from what otherwise is a great game. It's enough if a problem to make me quit playing regularly. Maybe I'll go back to Battlefront.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
The revert on the ttk :nod:

Had some supremely intense, close matches after installing the latest patch. Reminded me why I fell in love with the game play of BFV in the first place. It also helps that there are some of my favorite maps in the franchise in this game.

anyone who has been put off by the BS in the past but enjoys this game should give it a go for sure.

Reactions: Roman Fell
Sep 19, 2008
Lot of people very upset about this game or the end of updates. This and Battlefront 2 :laugh:

The EA hate is strong rn

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Lot of people very upset about this game or the end of updates. This and Battlefront 2 :laugh:

The EA hate is strong rn

I personally dont understand the outrage. I paid 20$ Canadian to play a game for over a year with a ton of free content drops, maps and a whole different battlefront with the Pacific campaign. It seems the most upset people are the ones with youtube channels dedicated to BFV....which is understandable as they will loose views and revenues but its not up to EA to keep their channel afloat and their pockets lined with money.

Sep 19, 2008
The reddit is awful. All they do is complain and post anti-EA or anti-DICE crap. "How dare EA start working on Battlefield 6." They also claim BFV is so awful or "I would quit this and go back to BF1" lmao what about BF1 was so exciting that you would willingly downgrade to play it?

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
The reddit is awful. All they do is complain and post anti-EA or anti-DICE crap. "How dare EA start working on Battlefield 6." They also claim BFV is so awful or "I would quit this and go back to BF1" lmao what about BF1 was so exciting that you would willingly downgrade to play it?

yup. I find Reddit and YouTube to be pretty toxic environments on the gaming front and a ton of it is being toxic just for the sake of views.

BFV for me was a big step up from BF1. I cant wait for BF6.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
damn the free content for this game is ridiculous . 2 years in and they drop out another update of a few maps and a bunch of guns. Think this is the best on sale purchase i have ever made lol.

I have been playing the division 2 for the last few months as i picked it up on a fire sale of under 5 doll hairs but i think i will go back and get into some BFV

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I really loved this game, but the matchmaking made it tough to stay with it long-term, especially since I have an 8 month old son and still work full time. I just don't have as much time to play, so if the hour or so I can put in every few days is wasted on a terribly one-sided battle; it loses its lust quickly.

Has the matchmaking got any better? I'm a pretty mediocre player, so if my team is getting crushed, then I'm getting completely destroyed since I don't have a great skill set to overcome such a disparity between teams.

I tried to give it a shot a month or so ago, and gave up pretty quickly. I've been playing more Battlefront, which is way more forgiving for those of us who aren't very good gamers.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I really loved this game, but the matchmaking made it tough to stay with it long-term, especially since I have an 8 month old son and still work full time. I just don't have as much time to play, so if the hour or so I can put in every few days is wasted on a terribly one-sided battle; it loses its lust quickly.

Has the matchmaking got any better? I'm a pretty mediocre player, so if my team is getting crushed, then I'm getting completely destroyed since I don't have a great skill set to overcome such a disparity between teams.

I tried to give it a shot a month or so ago, and gave up pretty quickly. I've been playing more Battlefront, which is way more forgiving for those of us who aren't very good gamers.

Not to sure. I really haven't had any experience with an overload of lopsided games. Sure i may get into one every 6 or 7 games played but it can be like that on any multiplayer platform. Besides the divison i have started playing cod mw and if you want ti talk about lopsided games they have the crown.

I was finishing prob top 4-10 overall on average and some games anywhere in the top 3 so i am able to contribute quite a bit to the team but its been a few months so im not sure how i will do ha.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

new trailer is up for the Solomon islands. The Pacific expansion is the gift that keeps on giving.

Ok, please use this technology for a new Vietnam Battlefield game. I've had more than enough WW2 shooters in my life.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Officially deleted this game today. It's fun, but im so bad at FPS. Also, team balancing is still a huge issue, and there are a lot of campers in the only game mode i truly like...Breakthrough.

Red Dead 2 and Star Wars Battlefront 2 are the only games i have downloaded, atm. Hoping some good games come out. There are just a lot of repetitive games out there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad