This one should be a Doozy.
1715209652848.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Which tells you all you need to know about advanced stats. Anyone who’s watched the first round knows Bob made the most amount of amazing saves and faced the better offense. This stat just takes into account shots against…again, Bruins D have done a good job of keeping those shots to lower quality shots from the outside. They’re doing a good job of making him see everything.

It takes into account shot location and type, but not how clear a view and the like. So yeah, agree it’s kinda garbage but not as garbage as you are implying. I do think you are underselling what Swayman did in the first series and the quality of the Leafs offense, tho.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
First game is usually a feeling out.
The playoffs are like dating. The first few dates you spend getting to know each other..some scoring happens...and eventually you have a huge fight and one wins the divorce settlement. Then you move on to the next date. The cup finals are the big wedding, the cup is the wedding cake, the winners get pretty rings...ok I'll show myself out

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
While Swayman has been very solid, I don’t think enough people are giving Boston’s D enough credit. Other than McAvoy’s best Ekblad impressions from time to time, Boston has blocked a ton and kept shots to the outside and allowed Swayman to see everything. So yeah, I think it’s more of that instead of Swayman being an incarnation of Guiguiere or Hasek. He’s very much beatable. This series will put him to the test I think.
he may be beatable, and eventually will give up 3-4 or more (hopefully not till next year...)

but give the kid credit were its due, he's stood on his head multiple times so far in the playoffs to keep the team in it.

Reactions: Summer Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad