Bashkirov's

Discussion in 'NHL Draft - Prospects' started by Cherepanov 71, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Cherepanov 71

Cherepanov 71 Registered User

Hey guys, I was wondering what you thought about the twins. Where will they go in the draft? They both had good rookie campaigns, can the make it to the NHL? and if so, what kind of players could they be there?

2. Kevin Forbes

Kevin Forbes Registered User

Home Page:
    There's a visible difference between Ruslan and Roman. Ruslan is much more talented and plays a more NHL style game whereas Roman seems tentative on the ice. I could see Ruslan going in the second or third round and Roman probably won't go until the last three rounds or so.

3. JeromeHP

JeromeHP Registered User Sponsor

Home Page:
    What great about Ruslan that he play with an edge, he's a gamer but some scout said earlier this season that he always did the same move in the offensive zone,also need to improved is skating...he kind of remind me a slower richard zednik

4. Rookie Chargers

Rookie Chargers Registered User

From what I have read, there will be a big distance between picks. It could be that the team picking one picks the other as well. In this case the distance between picks will be shortened. All depends on a team's motives.

5. Meichel Kane

Meichel Kane My Name Is

Two questions - did they play on the same line? And, assuming yes, who was their center?

6. Cherepanov 71

Cherepanov 71 Registered User

There team site has them both listed as LW's.

7. Meichel Kane

Meichel Kane My Name Is

The media guide has Ruslan as a LW and Roman as a RW.

8. malkinfan

malkinfan Registered User

school
    patrik roy seems said ruslan will go in the first round. I wouldn't be surprised though if Atlanta grabs him in the second round, because roy coresponds with bob hartly reglarly, and roy seems to like bashkirov.

9. JeromeHP

Home Page:
    To answer the question yeaa they played together and their center was kelsey tessier (16years old/top 2008 draft prospect)

10. kostybros

kostybros Registered User

I saw them with Esposito at C when Petit and aubin were on the 1st line and esposito was with the twins, that was a very fast line!!

I'm a rempart fan but I've never seen russians get adapted so quickly to the new ice and the new system as the twins. They are hard worker and they try to speak english a lot so they will improve on that, unlike other who just don't care.

Rulsan could be a steal in the 2nd round IMO. Radulov as a 18yo wasn't as good as Rulsan whoi is still 17 turning 18. Radulov took a full year to adapt and was a bomb the year after.

Roman, as a junior player, is just as good as Ruslan but he's underrated because he's about 5'9 (175-180) while his bro has the pro size of about 6' and 185lbs. Roman reminds me of a slower samsonov with a good shot. Ruslan will protect the puck well and is more of a passer.

The all-star CHL game shows you that Ruslan could be a first rounder and as a habs fan, i'd like him at 22 or later.

11. JeromeHP

Home Page:
    Well i know the bashkirov were playing with tessier in the playoff because tessier was interview by rds and was asked what is it like to play with the twin?....

12. elvisisalive

elvisisalive Registered User

I'm sorry, but I can't agree with that assessment of Ruslan. I scouted him 4 times this season, and found him to be the softest player I've seen in years, he simply gave up every single time he was confronted. he's a quick skater with above average lateral mobility, and he has a snipers quick release. The best comparison I can think of is Inge Hammerstrom. My recommendation to my team was to stay away from him. It's too bad because he's very talented. I watched him play mostly with Esposito, though Roy moved the brothers around quite a bit, sometimes playing together, sometimes apart. Tessier is going to be a player to watch next year, a little small, but he really competes hard, and plays a smart game, always in the right place at the right time, a pretty impressive trait for a young player

13. Redwingsfan

Redwingsfan Global Moderator

Awards:
    are you scouting for an NHL team??

a lot of people here seem to say they do, but i find it hard to believe everyone. im not saying you are not a scout. im just asking.:)

14. Fish on The Sand

Fish on The Sand Untouchable

Home Page:
    are they related to Andrei Bashkirov? If so, they will never amount to anything.