Baseball is gooping up (SI Now)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There's been a lot of stuff in recent days about baseball pitchers using foreign substances, but I didn't realize just how prevalent it was till reading this, hoo boy.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Man if only the league had a commissioner that wasn't dumb as f*** and could address this properly

And according to Bauer this can largely attributed to the Astros staff figuring out the mix for "super stuff" because of course it was

Bauer probably joined the party a la Barry Bonds after McGwire and Sosa got bouquets for their roid induced 1998.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
After the ball is introduced into play by the umpire, only the pitcher and catcher usually touch the ball (the first baseman if someone is on base, rarely the other infielders).

The home plate umpire should randomly inspect the ball in use. If they find sticky stuff on it, toss the pitcher and the catcher.

Reactions: KapG

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Bauer probably joined the party a la Barry Bonds after McGwire and Sosa got bouquets for their roid induced 1998.

I'm not sure about that. Jomboy did a video going back over Bauer's twitter and he had already figured out that spin rate was a huge deal in 2014. With a bunch of tweets regarding recipes for sticky stuff following in the years after.

At the very least he's trying to do something about it so either way he's helping

AaronTrieu

Mar 6, 2008
Painfully obvious what’s happening and I have no confidence MLB can handle the situation. They are playing with people’s future contracts. Batters getting sent down because they can hit juiced balls. Pitchers not using foreign substances not getting contracts. Pitchers getting huge contracts and then if they remove the foreign substance become average pitchers with contracts hampering franchises. It’s not good at all.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Glasnow and others are idiots with the winning

Also if you cant pitch successfully without cheating then you dont belong in MLB

And it wasn't the rule that injured your arm

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Also if you cant pitch successfully without cheating then you dont belong in MLB

Just total nonsense.

I was breaking the rules for years and then MLB started enforcing the rules properly and when I couldn't cheat being good was harder and I hurt myself!

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And it's not like Glasnow was the picture of health even before this.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

This is one of the dumbest things I have ever seen a professional athlete say. And that is quite impressive (in a bad way).

Doctoring the ball has been illegal in baseball for longer than Glasnow has been alive.

MLB can't tell him he can't use anything and that he has to change everything?

He shouldn't have been using anything in the first place. Then he wouldn't have to change everything now.

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
Anyone else think the only team that ever prevented stuff was the Pirates and its why they can't develop pitchers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00