Barzal vs Marner

What say you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Just like the opposition scores more goals when Matthews is on the ice as opposed to Kapanen.

Looks like you are going to continue to intentionally ignore the facts so I think I am done here.

Facts are Barzal has the worst +/- on his team, and all the other top Isles scorers are leaps and bounds ahead of him. -9 Barzal va vs +8, +8, +8 and +6 for the other top five scorers. It’s not even close to be a coincidence. The cold hard fact is that disparity is massive, which reflects on Barzal’s effect on the ice.

thunder16

Nov 18, 2017
LOL. Laughable.

How about you PROVE that Barzal is a "better skater" than Marner?

I've seen Marner skate 10 times faster than Barzal, many times, with better strength on skates, better lateral movement, and better stopping & starting. Don't believe me? Too bad. I'm right and you're a joke.

:)

You forgot to mention that Marner caught Ovechkin on a breakaway with a 2 stride lead, No one ever catches OV on a break away....Marner is faster, you also forgot Marner has the best vision in hockey ( Kelly Hrudey)
Marner is the better player and my Marner sweater proves it.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
You forgot to mention that Marner caught Ovechkin on a breakaway with a 2 stride lead, No one ever catches OV on a break away....Marner is faster, you also forgot Marner has the best vision in hockey ( Kelly Hrudey)
Marner is the better player and my Marner sweater proves it.

Yes.

Clearly Marner is the greatest player to ever have played the game.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
You mean after a gigantic 15 game sample size? Barzal is still better.

Barzal on ice sh% is 6.06% and his PDO is .962
Marner on ice sh% is 13.22% and his PDO 1.069

So Marner has benefited from about 50% better puck luck at this point and is due for downward regression, whereas Barzal should expect upwards regression.

Based on what?
He's never sagged as seasons went on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad