Barulin steal of '03 draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

st_roland

Drafted by STL in the 4th round. I heard some really extraordinary praise about his play in the RE/MAX Challenge. Do you guys think this guy could be a world beater and make the Blues scouts look like thieves getting this guy so late in the draft?

leafaholix*

So far, I agree.

Tobias Enstrom would be another option.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I hope you guys are right, that was Jarmo Kekalinin's firstr draft for the Blues as the head guy. If he can copy what he did in Ottawa the Blues will be in good shape. :yo:

thestonedkoala

Patrick O'Sullivan
Adam Couchraine
Miroslav Kopriva
Jean-Michal Bolduc

O'Sullivan was suppose to have issues and that's why he dropped. Is leading the league is scoring or points or goals...can't remember. He's doing great after a bunch of teams passed on him.

Couchraine might be a bit small but I don't care what anyone says. The guy has to have some sort of speed for the Wild to pick him up. Is doing good on his Giants team.

Kopriva from what I heard this kid is a stud with a good GAA and a good SV on a team with only one goalie. HIM.

Bolduc, rated high dropped like Kennan after two years. He had some issues also but really broke out this year in points.

leafaholix*

thestonedkoala said:
Couchraine might be a bit small but I don't care what anyone says. The guy has to have some sort of speed for the Wild to pick him up. Is doing good on his Giants team.
He's the same kind of player as Kyle Wellwood, but not as fancy.

His statistics aren't as impressive either.

Zoran Manojlovic

Apr 22, 2002
Malmö, Sweden
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:
Tobias Enstrom would be another option.

wake up.. He is as far as he can be from the NHL! I can´t understand all of the Enström hype. Yes he is a pretty good d-man in Sweden but what do you think he´ll do in the NHL? I doubt that he´ll ever come over, maybe as a 24-25 year old... Remember a guy named Magnus Hedlund? He is also a small ans skilled player who was better than Enström. He played in four U-20 WJC if I´m not mistaken... He is now just another player in elitserien...

Slay

May 24, 2003
Krasnoyarsk
Sergei Mozyakin (22 years old, 5'10.5", 165) drafted in 9th round (263 overall) in 2002 by Columbus; 29 games 28 points (16+12), +13, 4 penalty min., RSL goal scoring leader and 2nd in points.

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
It's probably worth keeping in mind that a hot goalie can look pretty amazing over a short span when his team is badly outmatched and he gets a ton of shots. Watching Kelowna run up a bunch of 50-shot games last year, I saw it happen fairly regularly with average prospects like Billy Thompson and Barry Brust. That said, in the game I went to Barulin did an amazing job tracking the puck - he wasn't just making lucky reflex saves.

Dawes is an entertaining player, but a guy that size needs more talent than he has to make it all the way. Career minor leaguer, probably. I think Courchiane will make a decent 2nd-3rd line NHL center eventually. It's too early to call Williams a sure-fire success, but damn, he looked good against the Russians.

MHJS

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
jeffshaf said:
Dany Roussin by Florida (seventh round, 223rd overall) in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

Dany is 2nd in the QMJHL in points.
27 games played 22-27-49 +17 34 PIM 11 PPG 115 Shots on goal

Dany is also playing with a guy named Crosby

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
How about the Montreal Canadiens 9th round pick Jaroslav Halak? He was voted the best goalie in the U-18 tournament last year. This year in the Slovak Junior League he posted a .950 SP and a 1.76 GAA. I know he was called up to the senior team recently, but I don't know how much he's played for them.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
MHJS said:
Dany is also playing with a guy named Crosby

still, you don't have 115 shots on goal and 22 goals by only playing with him. That's like a 18% shooting percentage and really high. He's big and good and even though he played with Crosby, he has several assists and goals and the assists aren't only from giving Crosby the puck.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
La-La-Laprise said:
Anyone can put the puck into an empty net.

Dany is a very good player, he was drafted 5 in the q draft 3 years ago(probably because he has talent), but when he played at sherbrooke (today lewiston) he has no ice time and that's why he has ben drafted so late. Since he is playing with Rimouski (middle of the last season) his stats are way beter than they were in Sherbrooke and people stop to say that he is a bust like when he played for Sherbrooke.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Anfernic said:
Dany is a very good player, he was drafted 5 in the q draft 3 years ago(probably because he has talent), but when he played at sherbrooke (today lewiston) he has no ice time and that's why he has ben drafted so late. Since he is playing with Rimouski (middle of the last season) his stats are way beter than they were in Sherbrooke and people stop to say that he is a bust like when he played for Sherbrooke.

Rous is a good player, but he isnt a steal. He was picked in the NHL around where he should have been picked.

He is a ppg QMJHL player. Which is good, but Crosby is turning him into a 2 ppg player.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
How would you know, as far as I could see Crosby does everything, draws two men on him all the time, sets them up for tap ins. The assists they get are from feeding the puck to Crosby in the neutral zone and letting him do the work. Cape Breton stuck Dixon on Crosby, shut him down and that whole line was horrible.

Dixon was not used to shut down Crosby man. He may have played againts him but im sure your all-star defense had something to do with it.

Dixon is not a defensive guru.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Jaroslav Halak is having a great year so far , he will probaly be the strating goalie for Slovakia a the WJC . Very very good 9th round pick .

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
JasonMacIsaac said:
I remember me watching the game while you were in Halifax, they had Dixon shadowing Crosby. The guy did an amazing job doing it also. The dmen against Crosby is the offensive puck moving dmen Ramhold.

If you knew anything about the players you have on your team youd know Ramholt is probably one of your better defensive guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad