Waived: Barrett Jackman waived for buyout

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
This move, combined with the Weber/Subban trade, suggests that Poile and the coaching staff are looking to be much more mobile/quicker on D than in prior years.

I think watching Brent Burns dominate us was a wake-up call. Candidly, I am both surprised and pleased at Poile's willingness to adapt on the fly; he's as old school as you can get in terms of tenure, and yet seems to be capable of plenty of new tricks.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Certainly not suggesting anything close to scale, but Nystom's waiver announcement came hours before the trade announcement. Just sayin'.

Overall, gaining $1.6 mil this year is really nice. And I agree on the mobility and expense points. Jackman was a decent #6, but not a $2 mil one.

Today is the last day for buyouts if I am not mistaken.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I could see a bottom rotation of Bitetto, Grannberg, Elliott with Bitetto getting more regular time than the other two.

Tony really showed some progress as the season went on and especially in the playoffs, I was far more confident in him than Jackman by the end. He'll never be more than a low end 5 or middle od the pack 6. But that's all we need him to be.

Especially if we split PKS and Josi, they would be eating up a lot of minutes and really minimizing our reliance on the 3rd pair, similar to Chicago

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So....Aronson was a bit a fool now right? Could have had a real chance to make it this season.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
So....Aronson was a bit a fool now right? Could have had a real chance to make it this season.

Yup. I understand his frustration but a little more patience from his end and he'd be contending for a spot on the bottom pairing now like you said.

PredsHabs

Jul 9, 2013
Lyles,TN
Remember Ekholm and Granberg have played together in the past could see that tried again like we did for a short stint last season.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Alot of bottom pairing dmen out there in free agency that could provide decent value. Schultz, Polak, Medvedev, Wiercoch. Bitteto impressed me down the stretch and atleast partially earned my respect. That said, I definitely don't want to depend on him on a nightly basis.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Surprising. We have to bring in another defenseman for depth purposes unless Elliot is the guy we envision as the number 7 man.

maplepred

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Looks like $9.301669 million without Jarnkrok and Granberg being signed.

So we have over $7 million to play with ok free agency or trade then. Because Jarnkrok will get about 1-1.5 million and granberg will get league minimum.

Poile has been intense trading lately with the Johansen for Jones and now pk for Weber. Maybe we make our biggest free agency splash ever, we have the cap space and I do think our team must look pretty attractive to free agents who want to win and play for a good city.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Matt Carle was bought out, he could be signed on the cheap. He's pretty bad at times, but probably a bit better than Jackman. Just wasn't close to $5M worth. Preds could probably sign him as the 6/7 guy for around $1.5M which is also a savings from Jackman.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Matt Carle was bought out, he could be signed on the cheap. He's pretty bad at times, but probably a bit better than Jackman. Just wasn't close to $5M worth. Preds could probably sign him as the 6/7 guy for around $1.5M which is also a savings from Jackman.

I know nothing about him. Is he fast/mobile? Because I don't see Poile signing any big slow plodders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad