Speculation: Barret Jackman & Nicklas Grossmann

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Would not mind the Flames bringing in Jackman to play alongside Hamilton. We need a defense first kind of guy on the back end. Maybe i'm alone on that as a Flames fan, or maybe Jackman is not as good as I think he is at this point.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Would not mind the Flames bringing in Jackman to play alongside Hamilton. We need a defense first kind of guy on the back end. Maybe i'm alone on that as a Flames fan, or maybe Jackman is not as good as I think he is at this point.

Too many #5/6/7 dman as is. Wideman/Engelland/Smid/Jokipakka will be the #4.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
What about Kyle Quincey? He's still pretty effective.

If Morrissey for some reason get sent to AHL, and we need to choose between Stuart or Strait, I sure hope we sign Quincey. He is still usefull, can´t say the same thing about Strait...

HC Jets

Jan 11, 2015
As odd as this sounds, Jackman was one of the top possession defenders in the league last season. Maybe sheltered minutes on a Nashville blueline loaded to the gills, but still, I thought possession numbers were a commodity in today's NHL.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
As odd as this sounds, Jackman was one of the top possession defenders in the league last season. Maybe sheltered minutes on a Nashville blueline loaded to the gills, but still, I thought possession numbers were a commodity in today's NHL.

Which tells you all you need to know about how limited analytics really are. He wasn't horrible, but to look at his numbers and Josi's numbers you'd think Jackman was the much better player. Ummmmm no....not by a friggin longshot.

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
Which tells you all you need to know about how limited analytics really are. He wasn't horrible, but to look at his numbers and Josi's numbers you'd think Jackman was the much better player. Ummmmm no....not by a friggin longshot.

I know you think you took a shot at analytics; but you failed.

Aside from the few idiots, most people know that you need to weigh a player's advanced statistics against their usage.

So what Jackman's numbers actually tell us is that he's great as a third pairing defender playing limited minutes. And guess what? That's pretty accurate.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Neither get a contract IMO. I don't see Jackman going overseas. Kyle Quincey intrigues the hell out of me. Second pairing guy playing at a fairly high level for two straight seasons. Really gritty.

Still lives in Colorado. Tad surprised Colorado never went for it despite their quantity.

PerdFan

Oct 10, 2010
I know you think you took a shot at analytics; but you failed.

Aside from the few idiots, most people know that you need to weigh a player's advanced statistics against their usage.

So what Jackman's numbers actually tell us is that he's great as a third pairing defender playing limited minutes. And guess what? That's pretty accurate.

Well then do your statistics and usage charts tell you that you better have a Seth Jones or Ryan Ellis puckmover riding shotgun for Jackman to come anywhere close to those 3rd pair numbers?

Just saying that Jackman was not what his numbers say he was...even as a sheltered 3rd pair with limited minutes

Liver King

Jan 23, 2016
is Grossmann that bad? and yeah whats the rundown on Quincey, I thought he would have been signed by now

stpn47

Feb 10, 2012
Neither get a contract IMO. I don't see Jackman going overseas. Kyle Quincey intrigues the hell out of me. Second pairing guy playing at a fairly high level for two straight seasons. Really gritty.

Still lives in Colorado. Tad surprised Colorado never went for it despite their quantity.

Avs burned the bridge with Quincey when they traded him years ago. He was pissed off about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad