Barkov vs. Ekblad

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
slight edge to ekblad for me. i think a true #1 d is a little more important that a true #1 center, but its close. with only 6 d and 4 of those being of large importance a true #1 d is incredibly important.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Barkov is a better player right now imo but ekblad is more valuable to this team... we hAve an easier time replacing Barkov's minutes than we do ekblads... behind Ek we don't have a single dman to replace his goals.. but bjugstad and trocheck can somewhat fill in for barkov...

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
Barkov, the defensiv was also playing good on the absence of Ekblad. And a defender need much more time to reach his top Game.
But our whole offensive Game lags, when Barkov is not playing. And that Barkov is getting better and better during one Season. Also that offensive Player have it a bit easier then Teammates on the other end.
Maybe in a few Years when Ekblad will reach the mark, they will be equal. Right now it is Barkov.

urho

Sep 12, 2008
Oulu
Florida has won 66% of the game when Barkov is playing and under 38% when he was injured. Ekblad has missed only four games but I don't think it's a coincidence that Florida lost them all. So I'd say they're both equally important and it kinda shows you the importance of #1D and #1C - in cases that they're truly elite and the team doesn't have that much depth.

Edit. Thank you Stark from Jatkoaika!

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Ekblad.

You see what happens to the team when he was out. 12 wins, and we lost all the four games he was out, and when he was back we startet winning again. Its close, but Ekblad is more valuable IMO. Much harder to find a #1 D like him.

I see theres a few Finns here that arent Panther fans and voting for Barkov. It should be a lot closer. Homerism at its finest.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
It's like trying to choose between your children...

goodson8.jpg

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Ekblad.

You see what happens to the team when he was out. 12 wins, and we lost all the four games he was out, and when he was back we startet winning again. Its close, but Ekblad is more valuable IMO. Much harder to find a #1 D like him.

I see theres a few Finns here that arent Panther fans and voting for Barkov. It should be a lot closer. Homerism at its finest.

You were the guy at before 13 draft who said that MacKinnon was better two-way player than Barkov because of his speed and was another tier offensively compared to Barkov. Called MacKinnon the smarter player. We were arguing and you called my opinion major homerism.

On the topic. It's close and everyone has their own preference. I won't even vote because i don't know who is going to be more valuable. Barkov impacts the game at elite level in every situation of the game PK, PP, 5v5, all 3 zones, multiple selkes and Ekblad has chance to be top 5 if not the best defenseman in the league but right now he doesen't have similar impact like Barkov but i'm pretty sure he will be there soon. Can't go wrong with either. I call it hardly homerism to pick Barkov.

Last edited:

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
You were the guy at before 13 draft who said that MacKinnon was better two-way player than Barkov because of his speed and was another tier offensively compared to Barkov. We were arguing and you called my opinion major homerism.

Seriously. What does that have to do with this? You reply to my post with random nonsense:facepalm:

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
Seriously. What does that have to do with this? You reply to my post with random nonsense:facepalm:

Here is the topic:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1445763

I'm not here to say who were right or wrong it doesen't matter. But i'm here to say that people have different opinions. If finnish poster vote for Barkov it doesen't necessarily mean it being homerism. I'm just taking this case into the table because i remember that you have blamed other posters for homerism too because they doesen't agree with your opinion. You were calling every poster in that mac vs Barkov thread who liked Barkov more like they were lunatics even when they just told their opinion.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
Here is the topic:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1445763

I'm not here to say who were right or wrong it doesen't matter. But i'm here to say that people have different opinions. If finnish poster vote for Barkov it doesen't necessarily mean it being homerism. I'm just taking this case into the table because i remember that you have blamed other posters for homerism too because they doesen't agree with your opinion. You were calling every poster in that mac vs Barkov thread who liked Barkov more like they were lunatics even when they just told their opinion.

Still, what has this to do with anything in this threads?

But its kind of funny that all the Finns picked Barkov when MacKinnon was the BPA according to most NHL scouts.

But whatever, you obviously upset since you bring in up non-relatert topics in this discussion. Its still a poor way to debate that you think Barkov is more valuable.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011

But its kind of funny that all the Finns picked Barkov when MacKinnon was the BPA according to most NHL scouts.

But whatever, you obviously upset since you bring in up non-relatert topics in this discussion. Its still a poor way to debate that you think Barkov is more valuable.
I'm guessing that the point he's trying to make, is that the "homerism" you're referring to can be applied the other way too, by you having a biased opinion on Barkov.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009

We'll if you don't have maturity to understand my post and put words in my mouth then we should quit this debate right here.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
It's impossible for me to choose one or the other. Both are the two main young stars that are going to one day hopefully win this team a Stanley Cup or more than one. These are guys that can be here for the next twenty years. It really is like choosing your better child.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I vote young franchise 2-way center signed forever, because he will pull forwards towards you from free agency after free agency

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
It's impossible for me to choose one or the other. Both are the two main young stars that are going to one day hopefully win this team a Stanley Cup or more than one. These are guys that can be here for the next twenty years. It really is like choosing your better child.

True, for winning a cup you definitely need both, at this point Barkov is more important (his success leads to team success). At the end Ekbland is gonna be the one team either runs to the cup or not, he plays a bigger role in playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad