Injury Report: Barkov to IR, Kopecky activated

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
u guys are hilarious... they are not blatantly lying to anyone... its an injury... there is no way of knowing about anything for sure... obviously they found no damage to the area hence the day to day report... all they can do is guess... if BARKY feels good one day then skates the next day and his leg or knee is sore then what can they do? u guys being angry over this is ****ing ridiculous... yes its frustrating to lose our number 1 center to injury when he is one of the main reasons to watch this team but they are being cautious as they should be and there is literally no way to say exactly what day he will be back

Haha, my thoughts exactly...

Gordonx11

#CatsAreComing
Jan 21, 2013
Kansas City, MO
u guys are hilarious... they are not blatantly lying to anyone... its an injury... there is no way of knowing about anything for sure... obviously they found no damage to the area hence the day to day report... all they can do is guess... if BARKY feels good one day then skates the next day and his leg or knee is sore then what can they do? u guys being angry over this is ****ing ridiculous... yes its frustrating to lose our number 1 center to injury when he is one of the main reasons to watch this team but they are being cautious as they should be and there is literally no way to say exactly what day he will be back

But... But.... But.... then people would have nothing to get angry over today.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
No NHL team tells the media exactly what the injury is. Its done everywhere. Every injury is characterized as upper or lower body. You don't want the other team to know exactly whats wrong when the injured player comes back or they will focus on it. It has nothing to do with the org trying to hide info from the fans.

They should also know that I read their lips when they are calling plays. I believe a play sheet or a baseball glove is necessary to cover their mouths with when they speak. Just a precaution.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Maybe even headsets so there will be no confusion on the ice. Of course they will be required to say "over" after every transmission. :yo:

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
If it wasn't such a repetitive thing. I wouldn't even notice. I wouldn't waste my time. I don't really worry about players that are injured usually, I keep my mind focused on the team. Them making me notice it at all, is what I was a little annoyed with.

Last edited:

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
No NHL team tells the media exactly what the injury is. Its done everywhere. Every injury is characterized as upper or lower body. You don't want the other team to know exactly whats wrong when the injured player comes back or they will focus on it. It has nothing to do with the org trying to hide info from the fans.

I'm hardly saying they need to tell us exactly what is wrong, what exact body part is hurt, etc. I'm saying they need to be honest enough to tell us and the media the severity and when he may return. Every team does that. I know these things are sometimes hard to gauge but a day to dat injury and a week or two long injury show signs of severity that give the inclination of how long it may be. We should at least be entitled to know that time frame. The fact that they give us day to day then the player goes to being out for a week or more over and over and over is maddening and tiring.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I'm hardly saying they need to tell us exactly what is wrong, what exact body part is hurt, etc. I'm saying they need to be honest enough to tell us and the media the severity and when he may return. Every team does that. I know these things are sometimes hard to gauge but a day to dat injury and a week or two long injury show signs of severity that give the inclination of how long it may be. We should at least be entitled to know that time frame. The fact that they give us day to day then the player goes to being out for a week or more over and over and over is maddening and tiring.

Why?

Benched

Jan 2, 2007

Because the press and followers of this team and any team have a right to know who is playing for their team and if hurt the severity of the injury. Every other team everywhere in pretty much every sport tells the press, once they know, the severity of injuries and tells the truth. Except us. Well actually we do do it we just lie. That's the why we should be asking.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
So is Barkov gonna play soon? Olympics? Really was looking forward to him playing tonight, he was killing the Leafs last time they played.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
Because the press and followers of this team and any team have a right to know who is playing for their team and if hurt the severity of the injury. Every other team everywhere in pretty much every sport tells the press, once they know, the severity of injuries and tells the truth. Except us. Well actually we do do it we just lie. That's the why we should be asking.

Every other team everywhere? That's a little exaggerated. I'm fairly certain the New England Patriots are more than a little ambiguous with their injury reports.

Sports teams are businesses, not governments. There's no obligation of transparency. If we get updates it's because teams are being nice, not because they have to. Also, I don't see the logic in lying about it. What makes more sense is that the injury is worse than they first expected. That's the conclusion one comes to when not fueled by frustration and paranoia.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
Every other team everywhere? That's a little exaggerated. I'm fairly certain the New England Patriots are more than a little ambiguous with their injury reports.

Sports teams are businesses, not governments. There's no obligation of transparency. If we get updates it's because teams are being nice, not because they have to. Also, I don't see the logic in lying about it. What makes more sense is that the injury is worse than they first expected. That's the conclusion one comes to when not fueled by frustration and paranoia.

I guess you are probably right but considering where we are as a franchise don't you think we should be as nice as possible to fans and press?

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
I guess you are probably right but considering where we are as a franchise don't you think we should be as nice as possible to fans and press?

True. Usually you see this kind of arrogance from a winning program. Here we are perennial losers and the press and fans get the same treatment as if we were the Patriots or something. Its absurd.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
So you want "losers entitlements" or "losers advantages"? Have you guys no pride? "They should be nice to us coz the team isnt any good?" What the hell is that kind of talk.... :shakehead

a) The Florida Panthers are not the only team in pro sports that may not be 100% honest with injuries. This isnt a "Florida Panther thing". (This isnt what I believe happened by the way)

b) What is there to gained from lying about Barkov's return? Im pretty sure Barkov and the team want to be back as soon as possible. Who are they fooling by continually putting the date back and back? Whats the purpose? Give me a motive for this.

c) Obviously, nothing is ever certain with injuries.

d) C'mon. Be serious. Did I really need to say all that?? (Apologies to Luis some of my stuff is similar to your previous posts)

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida

True. Usually you see this kind of arrogance from a winning program. Here we are perennial losers and the press and fans get the same treatment as if we were the Patriots or something. Its absurd.

I'll agree with that. See, I don't believe they're lying or withholding information. It's completely reasonable to think that their initial assessment was incorrect. What you folks are purposing is more dependent on assumptions. We have limited information. When you draw a conclusion on limited information, it's conjecture.

I still think the statement that "every team everywhere" divulges information about injuries is incorrect. More teams are closer to the Patriots style than not. Regardless of the state the franchise is in.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006

The problem really is we have no press. GR is about the only real sports writer we have. The other guy is a Tennis (hey Harvey go cover the Panthers) writer.

Then you have a bunch of amateur sports bloggers that the Panthers give press credentials too who offer nothing but their own opinions not facts.

Ever notice how the Panthers show pics of the big press conferences when they are at a big market rink like Toronto. It's like a novelty to them.

Without a lot of press pushing these guys you get no answers.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
The problem really is we have no press. GR is about the only real sports writer we have. The other guy is a Tennis (hey Harvey go cover the Panthers) writer.

Then you have a bunch of amateur sports bloggers that the Panthers give press credentials too who offer nothing but their own opinions not facts.

Ever notice how the Panthers show pics of the big press conferences when they are at a big market rink like Toronto. It's like a novelty to them.

Without a lot of press pushing these guys you get no answers.

This is partly right. I used to freelance sports write for a freelance company called MVN. Did it for about three years before the company went out of business. I had columns on the Marlins, Dolphins and Panthers. Getting creds for the Marlins and Dolphins was a process like you would expect it to be. You had to apply, tell them which games you want, had to do it at least a few months in advance, have your credibility approved, etc. All I had to do for the Panthers was get the company to approve my identity and I could get creds a week before a game. I did about six games. The press box is almost always empty. After games, the conferences are held in a room no bigger than a classroom with about 20 folding chairs and no podium. They bring in two or three players and the coach, each answer three or four questions all vaguely as hell, dodge hard questions and questions about injury, and that's it. It's an overall disappointing process at which you get little to no information. That's why they have no writers. The team is really stingy with information.

The only way you are going to get info out of this team is to do what GR does, get paid to follow the team around to practices and on the road. But they won't pay anyone to do it. GR is the only one outside the org that gets paid to follow the team by the team. Fialkov is paid by the Sun Sentinel which is why his info is few and far between and he doesn't do a lot of road games. Because the SS doesnt want to pay his whole way. And GR is now getting cut more and more which is why his info is more scarce.

They need to at least pay one beat writer to follow the team. When GR was doing pretty much every game, it wasn't as much of a problem and we got pretty much all the info we needed because he asks questions and is good at what he does. Seems like the Panthers don't like that.

So it's a combination of professional writers not wanting to commit to the Panthers because they know they aren't going to get paid. It's probably a matter of time until GR finds a job that will actually pay him before he is completely gone and we get nothing.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 4m
Phone died after traveling all day.Horachek says Barkov will probably play Tuesday not Saturday.Barkov told me he wants to play #flapanthers

adam graves

Panther 20 yr sth
Feb 24, 2010
south florida
This is partly right. I used to freelance sports write for a freelance company called MVN. Did it for about three years before the company went out of business. I had columns on the Marlins, Dolphins and Panthers. Getting creds for the Marlins and Dolphins was a process like you would expect it to be. You had to apply, tell them which games you want, had to do it at least a few months in advance, have your credibility approved, etc. All I had to do for the Panthers was get the company to approve my identity and I could get creds a week before a game. I did about six games. The press box is almost always empty. After games, the conferences are held in a room no bigger than a classroom with about 20 folding chairs and no podium. They bring in two or three players and the coach, each answer three or four questions all vaguely as hell, dodge hard questions and questions about injury, and that's it. It's an overall disappointing process at which you get little to no information. That's why they have no writers. The team is really stingy with information.

The only way you are going to get info out of this team is to do what GR does, get paid to follow the team around to practices and on the road. But they won't pay anyone to do it. GR is the only one outside the org that gets paid to follow the team by the team. Fialkov is paid by the Sun Sentinel which is why his info is few and far between and he doesn't do a lot of road games. Because the SS doesnt want to pay his whole way. And GR is now getting cut more and more which is why his info is more scarce.

They need to at least pay one beat writer to follow the team. When GR was doing pretty much every game, it wasn't as much of a problem and we got pretty much all the info we needed because he asks questions and is good at what he does. Seems like the Panthers don't like that.

So it's a combination of professional writers not wanting to commit to the Panthers because they know they aren't going to get paid. It's probably a matter of time until GR finds a job that will actually pay him before he is completely gone and we get nothing.

Am I understanding you correctly that its your belief in addition to a check from Miami Herald as their beat writer, GR gets a check from the SSO for covering them???

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov 4m
Phone died after traveling all day.Horachek says Barkov will probably play Tuesday not Saturday.Barkov told me he wants to play #flapanthers

In the end he's actually healthy and not just in PH favorites anymore and is benched :sarcasm::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad