Injury Report: Barkov to IR, Kopecky activated

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) tweeted at 5:26 PM on Tue, Jan 28, 2014: #FlaPanthers have activated Tomas Kopecky, retroactively placed Aleksander Barkov on. He can come off Thursday but probably Sat at C-bus

Why aren't we or a least the press allowed to know the severity of injuries when they are first diagnosed? It's not like he had to seek a second opinion or anything. Instead we are put through the ringer.

Step 1 "Oh it's not so serious"
Step 2 "Needs a few days off"
Step 3 "Probably be back next homestead"
Step 4 "He is on IR"

Unreal. Don't we as loyal fans deserve the truth? **** you, Tallon.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
George Richards (@GeorgeRichards) tweeted at 5:26 PM on Tue, Jan 28, 2014: #FlaPanthers have activated Tomas Kopecky, retroactively placed Aleksander Barkov on. He can come off Thursday but probably Sat at C-bus

Why aren't we or a least the press allowed to know the severity of injuries when they are first diagnosed? It's not like he had to seek a second opinion or anything. Instead we are put through the ringer.

Step 1 "Oh it's not so serious"
Step 2 "Needs a few days off"
Step 3 "Probably be back next homestead"
Step 4 "He is on IR"

Unreal. Don't we as loyal fans deserve the truth? **** you, Tallon.

I'm sure somebody has a clever reason why the panthers do things like that. I don't. Things like this have always bothered me but I'm used to it now.

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
I know this is what we always get when it comes to injuries, but in this case I believe that it maybe didn't look too bad when it happened. Then when the doctors got to take a better look, they maybe decided its better that he rests and heals up completely before letting him go to sochi to risk aggrevating it

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
He had to be on the IR to make room. It's retroactive to last Thursday so he can still come back vs. Toronto but he's doubtful. Horachek says he's confident Barkov will play Saturday vs. Columbus.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
He had to be on the IR to make room. It's retroactive to last Thursday so he can still come back vs. Toronto but he's doubtful. Horachek says he's confident Barkov will play Saturday vs. Columbus.

When he first got hurt he said day to day in two conferences. Now he's on IR and will have been out at least a week before returning. Like clockwork we just continued to be lied to by this org in a lot more ways than one.

Maddening.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
When he first got hurt he said day to day in two conferences. Now he's on IR and will have been out at least a week before returning. Like clockwork we just continued to be lied to by this org in a lot more ways than one.

Maddening.

I understand, but him being put onto the IR today means absolutely nothing. He's eligible to come back off Thursday and he could end up playing Saturday. This was the case before we found out he was put onto the IR.

Effe

Sep 26, 2013
Gothenburg, Sweden
I'm sure somebody has a clever reason why the panthers do things like that. I don't. Things like this have always bothered me but I'm used to it now.

There was no real reason to put him on IR, we had no intention to call up someone so we didnt need to make room, then we needed a rosterspot when kopecky was getting of IR so then we just play Barkov there retroactive and we can now take him of IR whenever we want since the one week has passed, so this gives us a few days extra to decided who that should go down or get traded.

Benched

Jan 2, 2007
I understand, but him being put onto the IR today means absolutely nothing. He's eligible to come back off Thursday and he could end up playing Saturday. This was the case before we found out he was put onto the IR.

It's not the fact that he was put on IR just the whole thing. This has happened with many injuries lately and it's getting old. The org has an obligation to the player to respect his privacy sure. But it also has an obligation to it's fans to tell it the truth. You can do both at the same time. The Panthers just don't care to. One of the many ways the org is pissing off the fanbase they desperately need to keep.

jrockett1096

Aug 2, 2005
Miami
www.miamiestatebuyers.com
Because Tallon is an a-hole. This comes from the top and its insulting to the press and it pisses me off as a fan. At least they are not calling it a lower "core" injury like they called everything before.

I wish Bettman wouldn't let this go on because we as fans deserve to know what's happening to our players and its insulting these guys feel we don't need to know and give us bogus recovery times and calling everything a "core" issue or something and not telling us the real deal. Again if we had a real hockey media like in any Canadian city they would not let these guys get away with that.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
u guys are hilarious... they are not blatantly lying to anyone... its an injury... there is no way of knowing about anything for sure... obviously they found no damage to the area hence the day to day report... all they can do is guess... if BARKY feels good one day then skates the next day and his leg or knee is sore then what can they do? u guys being angry over this is ****ing ridiculous... yes its frustrating to lose our number 1 center to injury when he is one of the main reasons to watch this team but they are being cautious as they should be and there is literally no way to say exactly what day he will be back

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
There was no real reason to put him on IR, we had no intention to call up someone so we didnt need to make room, then we needed a rosterspot when kopecky was getting of IR so then we just play Barkov there retroactive and we can now take him of IR whenever we want since the one week has passed, so this gives us a few days extra to decided who that should go down or get traded.

There it is. See. It's planned strategery.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
u guys are hilarious... they are not blatantly lying to anyone... its an injury... there is no way of knowing about anything for sure... obviously they found no damage to the area hence the day to day report... all they can do is guess... if BARKY feels good one day then skates the next day and his leg or knee is sore then what can they do? u guys being angry over this is ****ing ridiculous... yes its frustrating to lose our number 1 center to injury when he is one of the main reasons to watch this team but they are being cautious as they should be and there is literally no way to say exactly what day he will be back

Well, he's obviously no Tom Gilbert. New team leader in points.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Did I call it or what?! :( Somethings just never change

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
As much as I think it would be nice for him to play in the olympics, maybe he should use the time to get back to 100 percent. Career first.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I still don't understand why fans feel sports teams are under any kind of obligation to keep them updated on injuries. In the rest of the world medical information is extremely private. There are entire organizations dedicated to auditing hospitals and doctor's offices to make sure they're keeping medical information private. Yet fans are supposed to get detailed reports about the extent of player injuries and when they'll be playing again? It's ridiculous entitlement.

SeasonTicket

Sep 5, 2006
I'm pretty sure this is the players call on whether he's ready to go or not. Coach gets updates from the trainers, talks to the press but player doesn't feels he's not ready, coach looks like an ass.

gravenger5

Jun 27, 2011
No NHL team tells the media exactly what the injury is. Its done everywhere. Every injury is characterized as upper or lower body. You don't want the other team to know exactly whats wrong when the injured player comes back or they will focus on it. It has nothing to do with the org trying to hide info from the fans.

gravenger5

Jun 27, 2011
and the players don't decided when they come back from injury, they have to be cleared by the medical staff first.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Latest is Barkov will fly out to C-bus and is likely to play. We will need to make a roster move once he returns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad