Injury Report: Barkov out 4-6 weeks with knee injury

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Thanks! Btw did you read the article on iltasanomat?
English: I have goosebumps. The arena is so loud and and has a great atmosphere. I dont remember Florida having the same atmosphere even once this season.

Wonder what kind of pop punk they play there :sarcasm:

Winning has and will change that.

Funny, the crowd's sigh of the blown breakaway against NJ in game 7 was louder that any goal Sasha has seen scored at the BB&T. Even Montreal goals here.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
English: I have goosebumps. The arena is so loud and and has a great atmosphere. I dont remember Florida having the same atmosphere even once this season.

".... I don't remember having the same kind of atmosphere in our home games in Florida this season"

I think there is a distinction between those two translations as he doesnt say "not even once" ("kertaakaan" in Finnish) in that sentence. It seems like it was a bit more positive than it first looks, as he puts emphasis on "this season" as in that might be changing in the following seasons.

Aksu

all hail Barky
Nov 10, 2013
Florida
".... I don't remember having the same kind of atmosphere in our home games in Florida this season"

I think there is a distinction between those two translations as he doesnt say "not even once" ("kertaakaan" in Finnish) in that sentence. It seems like it was a bit more positive than it first looks, as he puts emphasis on "this season" as in that might be changing in the following seasons.

You're right lol. I suck at translating even though I speak both languages very well :laugh:

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Last place will do that to ya Barky. Learn to like it or do something about changing that trend. How's about becoming a 30 goals scorer overnight for starters.

:sarcasm:

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle

giphy.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
His favorite NHL team is/was Winnipeg Jets.

jOL
Only thing I recall Barkov saying a few years ago was that he'd like to play for a team that has a long history. He had a Habs cap on in some interview, can't recall if it was just that interview where he made that comment.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
So basically, it's the same as nearly every player in the every sport, they all grew up with a favorite team. Or at least one that they'd watched while growing, doesn't mean they're going anywhere.

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
So basically, it's the same as nearly every player in the every sport, they all grew up with a favorite team. Or at least one that they'd watched while growing, doesn't mean they're going anywhere.

Or we could only draft players from South Florida.

Some of you are reading entirely way too much into this. Barkov was wearing a UM hat and being his usual low-key self. I think he likes Florida.
If you could be drafted by any team, what would you hope for?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
We can control Barkov till he's 27, it doesn't matter if he likes it or not he's not going to be going anywhere for a long time.

Keke

Dec 6, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
Remember that Barkov's team was playing finals and they had the chance to win the whole series. I bet you that if Florida makes it finals all the fans will be just as excited. You have a good young core and will select 1st overall in June so don't take Barkov's comments too seriously.

Best of luck to next season and my bold prediction to next season is that you'll make it to Playoffs.

RCDeltaFixer

Mar 15, 2014
Remember that Barkov's team was playing finals and they had the chance to win the whole series. I bet you that if Florida makes it finals all the fans will be just as excited. You have a good young core and will select 1st overall in June so don't take Barkov's comments too seriously.

Best of luck to next season and my bold prediction to next season is that you'll make it to Playoffs.

This is a good point. I didn't even know it was an important game.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
If we treat the guy right and become more successful at the same time I don't think we will have to worry about anything.

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
Barkov asked to play in the NHL on the pre-draft interviews. Tallon picked the guy and the organisation let him play top line minutes. He has nothing to complain about (except for better line mates maybe). Hopefully they get to fix that this off-season and we can see what the guy can do surrounded with capable players. Much like Mackinnon this year.

So nothing there to worry about, really.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
Barkov asked to play in the NHL on the pre-draft interviews. Tallon picked the guy and the organisation let him play top line minutes. He has nothing to complain about (except for better line mates maybe). Hopefully they get to fix that this off-season and we can see what the guy can do surrounded with capable players. Much like Mackinnon this year.

So nothing there to worry about, really.

People here are taking his comments way out of context. He basically just said that the atmosphere is so great that it eclipses NHL regular season. And add to that, he ended his sentence in "this season" so there is more to come in his mind. He didn't say that the atmosphere sucks in Florida, he just said that in Tampere when the team makes the Finals, the atmosphere is great.

He hasn't once complained about his linemates either. Not to start the season, not at the end of it. But more than once I've heard him giving credit to his linemates on the goals he scored.

If you were Tappara fans on top of being Panthers fans and were at the arena, you'd propably agree with Barkov on the atmosphere part.

And Barkov, at least in his rookie season, has seen Tappara home arena quite empty and quiet. It happens when you don't play for a top team. That's propably one of the reasons why he felt the atmosphere was so special in the arena that he said what he said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad