7 points in 6 games
16 points in 21 games

and now already 12 points in first 8 games
2nd in playoffs points, MTkachuk leads with 13

he has upped his overall game as well, not just points
good job Barky!

he is my Panthers Conn Smyth candidate
So he’s just a product of Tkachuk?

Kidding, of course, he really is a great player… he has been for a long time… they have finally built a very strong team around him. You can, kind of, thank the Flames for that.

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
That's funny, would think most people would be on the same page that trading an aging stud exiting his prime for a young new stud entering his prime is a good move regardless of the situation.
The consensus here was that Tkatchuk ISN'T a stud and that Panthers gave away also weegar, pick and a prospect for an inferior player compared to Huby.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
He's in his all-around prime driving a true contender, not surprised we're seeing what we are seeing--though i will echo what others have said about the deep rounds, gotta see what happens there.

That being said he has always reminded me of Kopitar in that regard and is now reminding me of the 2012 version that still had the even-keeled temperament but suddenly also just would not be denied.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
The main pieces were two players on expiring contracts.
I thought it was robbery. After signing both to long term deals it was still the same robbery but the Flames got players with term. Unfortunately they are not as good as in Florida.
Hold on, *Huberdeau* hasn’t been as good. Weegar? Been the most consistent player and plays like a #1D. I will not tolerate Weegar slander! Hubs on the other hand needs to get it together.

Reactions: I am not exposed

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Yes, teams best players play together on the PP, lol. I guess Drai is a result of McDavid, or is it vice versa?

Because that same argument has been raging on here for 5 years.
That's not at all what im saying.
The facts are right now that he sucks badly at CGY and can't seem to create offense at all. So why is it a crazy position to take that he was somewhat carried by the chemistry/other players at FLA?

elmaco

Registered Hockey Fan
Feb 1, 2017
Jonathan Huberdeau 2021-22 Scoring Log | Hockey-Reference.com

We don't need you to share your research with us. You obviously have a lot of catching up to do.

Barkov and Huby were not on same lines. Sure, they played power plays together.

"Panthers were fleeced" was the dominant narrative after the trade. Whatever you think about the trade doesn't change that or matter.
Well what are we talking here about then? Isn't this the hockey section? No need to get your claws out just from a normal discussion.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
That's not at all what im saying.
The facts are right now that he sucks badly at CGY and can't seem to create offense at all. So why is it a crazy position to take that he was somewhat carried by the chemistry/other players at FLA?
Because I don't think that thought lines up.

They both have had their best offensive seasons on seperate lines.

Huberdeau was crushed, and was blindsided by the deal, I think it has affected his mojo. He wanted to be a Panther for life. He and his family have always spent time in Florida even as a kid, and he loved the team and lifestyle.

Reactions: Vilam

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
He was great last playoffs too, his defensive game was incredible. I know people don't like to hear that, but it was a main reason they beat the Leafs. He completely shut Matthews down.

Bobrovsky was the single largest reason for the Leafs lack of production that series.

At best, it’d be more accurate to say Matthews and Barkov shut each other down. Matthews had 2 assists in 5 games and Barkov 1 goal and 2 assists.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Bobrovsky was the single largest reason for the Leafs lack of production that series.

At best, it’d be more accurate to say the Matthews and Barkov lines shut each other down. Matthews had 2 assists in 5 games and Barkov 1 goal and 2 assists.
I didn't say Bob wasn't the biggest reason. Matthews basically has to come up big for the Leafs to win in the playoffs. Barkov doesn't.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
At best, it’d be more accurate to say Matthews and Barkov shut each other down. Matthews had 2 assists in 5 games and Barkov 1 goal and 2 assists.

That would not be more accurate when one guy starts exclusively in the D-zone against the other guy.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Hold on, *Huberdeau* hasn’t been as good. Weegar? Been the most consistent player and plays like a #1D. I will not tolerate Weegar slander! Hubs on the other hand needs to get it together.

haven’t seen many Flames games, but it appears Weegs may be even better now, defensively. I remember watching shut down mackinnon for a whole game, he couldn’t get around him. Weegs stick on puck repeatedly broke it up at the blue line. It had to be the game of his life, amazing.

Reactions: CraigsList

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad