Barkov cruising to his second Selke?

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
Should take Selke easily.

View attachment 853375

Holy shit.

Runaway Rocket winner with the 50th most power play minutes in the league, quite possibly 70 goals, horrendous goaltending behind him with an even strength save % below .900, and yet 4th in the league in this metric - whatever the hell it measures.

How is that not the definition of Hart?

Sorry.

Barkov is, in my opinion, going to be near unanimous Selke winner.

But there is a decent chance that Matthews guy ends up a finalist for the Selke.

That combination has never happened before - highest goal scorer also being top 5 Selke.

Reactions: TheUnusedCrayon

OilWagon

Jul 20, 2019
Edmonton
Holy shit.

Runaway Rocket winner with the 50th most power play minutes in the league, quite possibly 70 goals, horrendous goaltending behind him with an even strength save % below .900, and yet 4th in the league in this metric - whatever the hell it measures.

Sorry.

But there is a decent chance that Matthews guy ends up a finalist for the Selke.

That combination has never happened before - highest goal scorer also being top 5 Selke.
I have no clue what these stats mean but give this man the Hart :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: BabyBennettov

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Holy shit.

Sorry.

It has, just one time. Jari Kurri led the league in goals while finishing 5th in selke voting. Fedorov also finished 2nd in goals the year he won the selke, and Sakic was runner up to the Richard and selke.

But even looking at the history of leading goalscorers, the only player I could see being a selke finalist had it been made was Beliveau, maybe Howe?

So yes, it's pretty rare. If Matthews ends up a selke finalist he would officially be the first rocket Richard winner to do so.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

TheUnusedCrayon

Apr 12, 2018
Barkov was a player Leo Carlsson was compared to for his potential, man I hope he can get up there on that level. Love Barkov.
Odd comparison in my opinion. I wonder why people think Carlsson's defensive game is so elite. It's above average and he has good IQ but I wouldn't say his defensive game from when he was drafted was elite.

Maybe I needed to see more games from him. How was he this year in the NHL? From the few games I caught against my teams he wasn't super noticeable though that's usually a good thing defensively.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Holy shit.

Sorry.

It was a great season for A LOT of players, a great season for hockey overall.

But don’t get the point to brag about Matthews accomplishment in a kinda Barkov appreciation-thread…

We all know he is a good player, and Leafs fans would want every individual awards it seems…

There is a pretty good chance AM isn’t even a finalist for ANY trophy this year other than the Rocket-winning obviously !

Canadian medias have been pushing for weeks to get Auston nominated in all sorts of categories, but it won’t happen IMO.

Either way, enjoy the individual accolades…

We’re here to talk about Barkov and the impact on his team, leading him to winning a meaningful trophy !! ;)

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad