Barclays Center & Relocation Part VI : Belmont announcement likely this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Money talks -- lets get some of those lazy union workers going -- and then a couple of us from HF Isles to oversee the job, drink, and make witty comments. That should do the trick..
No no no! The liquid lunches will only result in 5 hours of quality work:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
now , what are they going to call the new stadium? Trader Joe's Arena? The Foot Locker Center?

Floral Arrangement Ice Rink

Kate Murray Memorial

JT On Ice

Belmont Elmont Arena

Make sure that the entrance is named for Al Arbour and something is named for Bill Torrey.

As for cutting the cord . . . The entire Hockey HOF Class of Islanders

Steve55

Aug 21, 2005
Burnaby, BC, Canada
The Amazon rally wasn’t a circus. It was a ZERO. It was a NON-ISSUE.

You do like to sound the alarm bells. It seems like you’re looking for any reason for Belmont to fail.

Actually having Queens pols involved on Sunday's session gives me hope that there is something for Queens as well.

Again the NIMBY'S, county, town have zero say on this. Which is why Belmont is the only logical place for the Islanders to build. As long as no local taxpayer dollars are being used there is no way the locals can stop this. That's why they came up with the term "listening session" not public comment to be put in the record, no official hearing, but a "listening session" basically a dog and pony show. Now this coming session will be basically a courtesy "this is what we are building" session. Good for the Islanders and there fans, shove it down their throats.

I think Belmont RFP Round 2 either goes to the Islanders or ESD cancels the bid. Inviting Queens Community Board 13 into the conversation may smooth things over.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Actually having Queens pols involved on Sunday's session gives me hope that there is something for Queens as well.

I think Belmont RFP Round 2 either goes to the Islanders or ESD cancels the bid. Inviting Queens Community Board 13 into the conversation may smooth things over.
Enough with Queens. It’s not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad